New Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure, it is ratio of noise to the actual picture with picture correction techniques, I have seen in rain signal quality decreases and at that level picture quality started getting bad in my tv with pixelations, this is more evident in videocon dth where for yellow signal quality PQ starts getting bad.
He can correct that by aligning his dish.
Yes, I'm sure. You are confusing PQ with pixelation/interruptions in picture. There's an excellent post in an old thread about this. You may read it.

Discussion - Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

On my cardless box as well, the version shows 618 and the download status is aborted. Tried the combination and it didn't work.

Me too have 618 on calcomp cardless. Anyone having 619 on this model?

Yes, I'm sure. You are confusing PQ with pixelation/interruptions in picture. There's an excellent post in an old thread about this. You may read it.

Discussion - Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels
I have read that but I still believe there is some flaw in that post as picture does not comes in single 0 or 1 but there are around 1 Million 0's and 1's and some 0 and 1 can be wrong where picture correction technique takes place and picture correction will not always be perfect and picture quality gets decreases.

I have read that but I still believe there is some flaw in that post as picture does not comes in single 0 or 1 but there are around 1 Million 0's and 1's and some 0 and 1 can be wrong where picture correction technique takes place and picture correction will not always be perfect and picture quality gets decreases.
If you are experiencing pixelation then its definitely due to signal issue only. However smudged or lower resolution picture are not due to signal issues. The PQ is affected by bit rate and encoding algorithm used. Missed signal will result in pixelation. All data is checked for errors. So if the checksum is not correct then entire group of pixel is rejected. Ultimately it all depends on software used. If error correction is not strict then PQ can deteriorate slowly and not in blocks.

Last edited:
If you are experiencing pixelation then its definitely due to signal issue only. However smudged or lower resolution picture are not due to signal issues. The PQ is affected by bit rate and encoding algorithm used. Missed signal will result in pixelation. All data is checked for errors. So if the checksum is not correct then entire group of pixel is rejected. Ultimately it all depends on software used. If error correction is not strict then PQ can deteriorate slowly and not in blocks.
So does that means signal quality does not have any affect or it can have some effect as the checksum correction cannot always be right? If Signal strength is more and signal quality is less than it mean you are getting some incorrect bits and signal correction is taking place as signal quality decreases, checksum of part of picture can also fail and pixelation/defect will start appearing and PQ will start decreasing.

Last edited:
So does that means signal quality does not have any affect or it can have some effect as the checksum correction cannot always be right?
In Airtel we don't experience single point pixel issues when signal fails. Just blocks of pixels appear. Also transmitted signals have redundancy. i.e multiple bits are repeated. So there is a level of signal to noise ratio that will not result in any checksum errors.
See this: Forward error correction - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I have a icon of wifi on my stb. Anyone know what is use of that

On my cardless box as well, the version shows 618 and the download status is aborted. Tried the combination and it didn't work.
I tried manually and software upgrading started and completed successfully. However after restart it is still showing 618. So I guess there's no 619 yet. Forcing update only overwrites the same version.

I tried manually and software upgrading started and completed successfully. However after restart it is still showing 618. So I guess there's no 619 yet. Forcing update only overwrites the same version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock