New Software Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the set top box i'm using.....I don't know the model.Am i eligible for the update:(
stb_Large_2.png

no , sorry buddy
the update is for new hevc box

here are few reasons why no update for old boxes
just my opinion :eek:k:

*every manufacture gives first priority to their flagship items
*this update is for technicolor units so we cant expect the same update from other manufacture,
*in near future , some channels will convert to hevc formats so manufactures give low priority for old boxes because it needs lot of manpower and labour cost
*maybe software/hardware restriction
*maybe old stbs are well updated to-date

Why airtel is not providing favourite channel edit option like tatasky for example tatasky gives favourite channel option from 900 to 949 and we can manage them with our choice but in airtel there is no such option :(:(
boss adtv also giving fav. chan. option and u can select only 15 channe for fav.

My STB show 618. I bought new stb and software download showing aborted
Signal strength 84
Signal quality 11
Can I update software version

While switching on tv when "Please Wait Initialising" is shown quickly press Exit twice & then quickly press 2465 then update will start.

My STB show 618. I bought new stb and software download showing aborted
Signal strength 84
Signal quality 11
Can I update software version
Your stb is Cal-Comp cardless, here all users are updating cal-comp with card (technicolor).
It looks like both cal-comp boxes are having same operating system as you are having 618 and latest is 619.
You can try as per Choco bro's instruction as given above.
BTW, it looks like you are getting very low signal quality and PQ gets affected by that.

Your stb is Cal-Comp cardless, here all users are updating cal-comp with card (technicolor).
It looks like both cal-comp boxes are having same operating system as you are having 618 and latest is 619.
You can try as per Choco bro's instruction as given above.
BTW, it looks like you are getting very low signal quality and PQ gets affected by that.
How can I change signal quality and PQ?
I tried update but after full update it is showing 618 before it was showing
download showing aborted but now it is showing idle

Last edited:
PQ is no way affected by signal quality. You'll either get picture or you won't. There won't be any difference in quality due to signal strength/quality.

PQ is no way affected by signal quality. You'll either get picture or you won't. There won't be any difference in quality due to signal strength/quality.
Are you sure?, it is percentage of actual picture vs noise with picture correction techniques, I think complete picture comes in pixels and some pixels can be bad and signal correction techniques is used there, I have seen in rain signal quality decreases and at that level picture quality started getting bad in my tv with pixelations, this is more evident in videocon dth where for yellow signal quality PQ starts getting bad.
He can correct that by calling customer care for aligning his dish, if there is no difference then no need.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock