Good News Ordered New TS HD Connection

I knew connection cost is only 2000 with ultra pack but when I ordered from Tata sky website I did not get any response so I had no option but to pay amount as demanded by local shop keeper.
Means you didn't got the free installation as promised by Tata Sky and the local dealer installed unofficially hence billed extra?

Means you didn't got the free installation as promised by Tata Sky and the local dealer installed unofficially hence billed extra?
Not sure if it is unofficial but local dealer is charging for installation.I did not get any response from Tata sky from past 3 days after placing order so had to go for local shop.

So much for the claims of no 1 dth!

Now I feel Tata sky service is worst(at least in my area) :( and should have opted for Airtel or Videocon.

I got new dish HD connection online for 1300 from eBay( MRP was 1500 applied coupons for 200 discount) 6 months ago and now ended up paying almost double 2500 for tata sky.

Thats the thing. You bought tata sky even after no response from them, in future even your complaints may or may not be solved by them in timely manner and again the shopkeeper will charge you more than usual. Hence, after seeing their response you should have instead called airtel and have tested their response snd then finalized one. But know you have bought it i hope you have a trouble free experience!

For me, the experience was exactly opposite.
13th 8:30am, callback from Airtel CC after requesting same @ 8. She ensured me installation within 4 hours.
I got the call from local dealer after 50 hours.
Next day finalized TS and as mentioned before, there response was super fast. And of course they didn't charge me anything extra above ₹2000 & I got the Ultra+HDAF for 1M free.

Thats the thing. You bought tata sky even after no response from them, in future even your complaints may or may not be solved by them in timely manner and again the shopkeeper will charge you more than usual. Hence, after seeing their response you should have instead called airtel and have tested their response snd then finalized one. But know you have bought it i hope you have a trouble free experience!
I bought it for my parents at home town, I go there only on weekends so was in hurry to get connection by Sunday. Just to avoid any delay I booked connection from Tatasky.com on Friday itself hoping to get it installed at least by Sunday.

If I were to consider booking Airtel online, I should have postponed new connection to may be by 2 weeks until I goto home town next time so had no option but buy from local dealer.

Yesterday I got confirmation call from Tata sky for connection I took from local dealer. I updated them about the extra charges but they did not even bother to consider my words. So looks like dealers are free to sell Tata sky at their own price and also there is no MRP written anywhere( not sure if this is same for all DTH). And I was quoted same 2500 for new Airtel HD connection as well, only sundirect was available with them for lower price but I did not enquire about that.

Again opposite things happened with me.
I ordered (placed a call back request) keeping in mind that they would take 3-4 days (I have d2h validity for one more week). But they insisted to install on same day I ordered, even ready to come @8 pm. I only postponed it for a day.

@Kiran Reddy Bro, when I took TS connection....the installer was asking for Rs. 2000..I said why the charge is Rs. 1800..He told me installation charge is Rs. 200... I said "Tata sky cc told me its free..wait let me call cc and confirm"...He told me "wait its free....kuch de dena..." They also want to charge for cable ....they say extra cable was used...
You should've have called cc at that time and confirm what price you need to pay

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock