Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

I had watched the lunchbox on and pictures, but I'm not sure about production house. It's also with star now

Baaghi
Chennai express
ABCD 2
Fitoor
Kai po che
As well

Another interesting thing is that dangal still remains with zee which is also produced by utv

Another interesting thing is that dangal still remains with zee which is also produced by utv
Obviously. Dangal is the biggest Indian film of all time. Zee painstakingly got it. It will not sell it that easily to another network. It may never sell it at all.
Baaghi
Chennai express
ABCD 2
Fitoor
Kai po che
As well
I don't think Chennai Express will go to Star, as the Zee channels (especially &pictures) are well known for it. Moreover, do you mean ABCD 1? ABCD 2 is with Sony.
Also, just because Baaghi 2 has been bought by Star, it doesn't mean Baaghi 1 should also be. Just as Star has Fukrey and Zee has Fukrey Returns, Zee has Baaghi 1 and Star has Baaghi 2.
Race 2
Haider
Heroine
Phantom
All these were utv productions which were with zee, but now it's with star
Phantom is - or was - with Sony.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just as Zee has sold a number of UTV films to Star (except Dangal), as you are saying, similarly Star sold a number of Dharma films to Viacom18. Only My Name Is Khan remains with Star. K3G, KKHH, KANK, KHNH were all sold to Viacom.

Last edited:
Hotstar has added all these movies
Thanks for clarifying. None of them appear in the schedules of Star Gold, Star Gold Select, Movies OK or Channel V. That's why I was wondering why so many went to Star so suddenly.

So, star won't show it on TV channels which means star has acquired only digital rights, right?
Thanks for clarifying. None of them appear in the schedules of Star Gold, Star Gold Select, Movies OK or Channel V. That's why I was wondering why so many went to Star so suddenly.

Gold and Zero Movie satellite rights with Zee Network
Expected. All Aamir (since Dangal) and Shah Rukh films will go to Zee, as well as most Akshay films (only the Jolly LL.B franchise is with Star, and some films like Airlift are with Viacom).

These days neither Sony nor Viacom is getting anything. I am expecting only chhoti-moti (small) films like October and Bioscopewala to go to Sony; it will not take any big-budget (except YRF) films.

Expected. All Aamir (since Dangal) and Shah Rukh films will go to Zee, as well as most Akshay films (only the Jolly LL.B franchise is with Star, and some films like Airlift are with Viacom).

These days neither Sony nor Viacom is getting anything. I am expecting only chhoti-moti (small) films like October and Bioscopewala to go to Sony; it will not take any big-budget (except YRF) films.
I think Star India's new deal with Varun Dhawan and Tiger Shroff movies
Also Hrithik Roshan's Upcoming movies rights with Star

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock