Discussion Sun Direct now provides Dolby Atmos surround sound

• Thread starter Kartz
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 99
  • Views: Views 27,536
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3) provides up to twice the efficiency of Dolby Digital while adding new features like 7.1-ch audio, support for descriptive video services, and support for Dolby Atmos (but more on that later). Dolby Digital Plus is widely used by streaming and broadcast services to deliver surround sound audio at lower bitrates. 5.1-ch audio in Dolby Digital Plus is typically encoded at bitrates between 192-256 kbps while stereo audio in Dolby Digital Plus is typically encoded at bitrates between 96-128 kbps. Dolby Digital Plus bitstreams are not directly backwards compatible with Dolby Digital decoders, but Dolby Digital Plus decoders can decode Dolby Digital bitstreams.
Source:Dolby Audio over HDMI part 1: Codecs | Dolby Developer
In this case, Sun Direct is the culprit because it's them compressing it to a lower bit rate while the audio is originally being broadcasted at 384 Kbps. That's why the resulting audio is poor in quality. They should provide the audio as is from broadcaster, then they can rule in HD quality.

Everyone in this forum must send a complaint to sun direct about this issue

How much bit rates using by othe dth's...

I can still do my part. Please help me to who I need to send an email. Thanks!
Forget it, they don't have any technical support team that a customer can talk to. All you can do is talk to the nodal office, who do not have a clue of the issue. After several follow-ups they said, that's the maximum they can provide.

Except channels addition due to bandwidth issues, they always ahead in introducing new technologies in dth industry among all players.
bro first sun hd channels upgrade to true dolby audio ..its are not possible..how to use dolby atmos introduced in other channels ..stil our channels (sun) is not dolby audio.

Forget it, they don't have any technical support team that a customer can talk to. All you can do is talk to the nodal office, who do not have a clue of the issue. After several follow-ups they said, that's the maximum they can provide.
What I observed in tatasky sunmusic hd id coming 5.1 in sd content also where as in sun direct sun music hd is coming very low sound.bass is superb in tatasky where is in sundirect bass is very minimal.

What I observed in tatasky sunmusic hd id coming 5.1 in sd content also where as in sun direct sun music hd is coming very low sound.bass is superb in tatasky where is in sundirect bass is very minimal.
Yeah, the low bass and surround on Sun Direct is due to the low bit rate. Airtel has excellent sound on all the HD channels and Tata Sky is not bad, though they also lose some quality due to poor conversion from DD to DD+.

Ok guys it's enough diluting the topic with over negativity don't disturb the excitement of the sun direct users who eager to welcome new technology...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock