ABS-2 @75e launching tomorrow !!

shawl_who

Contributor
Reaction score
ABS2 launch has been postponed to end of year 2013.... :'(

Translated from google.. :k
==============================================

ABS 2 satellite launch (earlier names Koreas 8 and ST 3), which was originally scheduled for half of this year, has been postponed to the end of 2013. This information was confirmed by officials of the Hong Kong satellite operator Asia Broadcast Satellite.

Production of ABS 2 communications satellite acquired in October 2010 by Space Systems Loral (SSL). Cosmic apparatus weighing 8000 kg will be built based platforms LS-1300 with an expected life of 15 years.

The satellite will be equipped with 91 transponders in C, Ku and Ka band, which is 4 times higher capacity than existing satellite ABS first

ABS 2 will be positioned at 75 ° E, which will provide a wide range of services to Asia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, including DTH, cable TV distribution, multimedia applications and data networks and communication services.
======================================================

ABS-2 @75e launch postponed to 14th Feb 2014

Rostislav , of course, "Rainbow TV" is very interested in expanding the packages through new channels. To date, a contract for inclusion in packs channel TLC from the family of Discovery, the company is negotiating with Viacom for the inclusion of some of their production channels. It is also planned to include a package of high-definition television (HD). Adding channels to happen with the advent of free satellite capacity in the position 75E after the successful launch of ABS-2 satellite, scheduled by ABS on the 1st quarter of 2014. But today the subscribers' Raduga TV "can see a lot of different channels at the well-known manufacturers including channels exclusively presented in the base package only on our platform
=====================================================

Rostislav is from Raduga TV... this is his official statement. :k

RE: ABS-2 @75e launch postponed to 1st quarter of 2014

I think it is good news since the launch of this satellite means we have to loose the russian channels.

RE: ABS-2 @75e launch postponed to 1st quarter of 2014

Right bro....
ABS-2 launch will not be a very gud news for all of us, as its north beam doesnt reach upto India. :no

We will be forced to watch only the south beam, which wont be as gud as the north beam. :(

RE: ABS-2 @75e launch postponed to 14th Feb 2014

Satellite launch postponed

In connection with the shift starts SES 8, Astra 5B and Amazonas 4A, satellite launch ABS-2 rescheduled for February 14.

usource ? flysat still showing launch in jan mid.

I Think delay is good for us and long live ABS-1....:lol

Yeah.. long live ABS1, we want it to continue. :lol

@vijay bro: I have my own sources. :p

Satellite delivered to Kourou in French Guiana.

Running appointed January 24, 14, in more detail, we will tell you about this satellite in our regular "Launches Month"

==================================

Now scheduled for Jany 2014 launch. :sp

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock