Airtel as Worldspace (iMusic)

Harsha

Reaction score
Ever since Worldspace shut down in India some 6-7 years ago finding advt-free music without having to download them off the net or having to sacrifice your bandwidth (given all the FUP limits). 

Has anyone considered using the Airtel DTH as an alternative worldspace like solution?

There are 12 audio channels in Imusic. 

I have connected the STB to a simple speaker to enjoy the 12 audio channels on "Channel 379" - iMusicspace.

To preview the screen and change channels i use "EasyCap USB 2.0" with an Android App on my phone. 

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this with any other STB/DTH service... if any one is interested i can post details and pictures. 

However... to be economical we have to figure out the cheapest package to subscribe to so that we can get only the music channels (and the iMusic active service) - Any suggestions?

arijit007 said:
how
good
is
their
collection?

I regularly listen to the Bollywood, Classics and Specials as far as Hindi is concerned and the Tamil and Telugu occasionally - They are all good... good collection... almost no repeats in 24 hrs cycle... reminds me of WorldSpace... without the RJs.

A million times better than FM radio.... no ADs... no Khit-Pit... no traffic updates.... just pure music.

Really funny..... Paying 180+ for radio. There is ton of options to get them free and oh yeah legally too... Not the best solution

This is just a simple attempt to demonstrate the use of the DTH STB as a music device - without a connected TV... just speakers... it merely explores a new aspect of satellite TV/Music. - especially useful for people in remote areas where data/4g/bandwidth/FUP limitations restrict the availability of good quality ad-free music.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock