Breaking Airtel DTH has increased Lock In Period For A-La-carte to 30 days

What's your take on the 30 Days lock in period?

• Total voters
What is happening if I activate a channel, say Star Sports 1 HD (Rs 22.42) now?

Does the entire Rs 22.42 get deducted immediately? Or does it deduct only 1 day but locks the removal of channel? If it is the former, then what happens after 30 days, does it deduct another 30 days or then it follows usual DBR deduction? I have so many questions.

This is so bizarre, customer has to remember when s/he has activated each channel to be able to remove it on the 30th day to avoid further charges? Not done, TRAI/Airtel, not done!

After 30 days money will be deducted on daily basis just like it happened in Pre NTO days.

No need to remember date of removing the channel, u can opt for removing the channel at any point of time and once u confirm the system will schedule for the channel to be removed automatically on the 31st day

Last edited:
After 30 days money will be deducted on daily basis just like it happened in Pre NTO days.

No need to remember date of removing the channel, u can opt for removing the channel at any point of time and once u confirm the system will schedule for the channel to be removed automatically on the 31st day
Thanks for the confirmation. I was planning to subscribe to Star Sports 1 HD for Ind v/s Aus third test, fourth test and later for all three ODIs. I have not taken it now. Instead I will subscribe to Sports18 HD (Rs 11.80/month) for the Womens IPL as it has a match daily from 04-Mar to 26-Mar. That's a better deal.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was planning to subscribe to Star Sports 1 HD for Ind v/s Aus third test, fourth test and later for all three ODIs. I have not taken it now. Instead I will subscribe to Sports18 HD (Rs 11.80/month) for the Womens IPL as it has a match daily from 04-Mar to 26-Mar. That's a better deal.

Ur most welcome bro 🙏

Or go for star kannada svp hindi
Test nowdays not lasted more than 3 days and odi 3 match total 6 match
Cost in dbr = 9.42 if test lasted for 5 days then with odi series it will cost 12.56

For commentary issue tune sen 116 it give you english commentary also one ball ahead of tv telecast

Or airtel can renind customer 5 day prior top-up end validity date like they do in case of mobile recharge reminder 😅

You can make use of DTH recharge offers available on various wallets to top up ur account and opt for Star Sports 1 HD for whole month as the cashback u get in wallet will be bonus so in a way even after subscribing to the channel u can use cashback for some other purpose thus not losing out on money. Even recharging with Rs. 410 , 510 will give u Rs. 20 and 25 cashback respectively from Airtel Digital TV directly into ur DTH Balance as they have Airtel Digital TV has these recharge bonus offers for DTH customers. For Rs. 710 u will get Rs. 40 cashback , such cashback available pn some other lower and higher recharge denominations on Airtel Digital TV Platform

Also as @somnath chakraborty dada has pointed out just upgrade ur DPO bouquet for the said day and downgrade as match ends which can again help u save some money or u can opt for Star Value Prime English bouquet which costs less than Rs. 2 / per day or even Sports Add On Pack available on Airtel Digital TV wherein u can get access to all the sports channels at Rs. 3 ( SD) and Rs. 5 (HD) / per day. U can even opt for streaming the match via ur smart box / fire stick if u have ongoing membership of Disney+Hotstar or received complimentary subscription of it as part of Airtel Thanks benefits or other such reward programs/offers

oc1RuWK.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock