Breaking Airtel DTH has increased Lock In Period For A-La-carte to 30 days

What's your take on the 30 Days lock in period?

• Total voters
I am just fed up with Airtel DTH. My monthly subscription charge is Rs.686. Earlier It was Rs.520. Today, I recharged with Rs.690 and changed the plan and added some a-la-carte channel after that my new monthly plan is Rs.552. After paying Rs.690 also they are asking to pay another Rs.146 which is ridiculous. Tough my recharge date increase to 48 days but they are not adjusting towards the excess payment towards a-la-carte channels. I am sure Airtel is going to loose many customers due to this sick mentality. #Chortel.

Plz provide screenshots to validate ur claims. Also if u have changed plan post recharge and there r certain channels which were previously opted by u on standalone basis but now r part of DPO Bouquet which u have opted for then cal customer care and ask them for processing refund for concerned channels based on whatever days r eft in 30 day lock period for the same.

Kindly note that as now 30 day charges r deducted upfront for a-la-carte channels hence when u calculate monthly charges u should keep in mind that for such channels daily deduction won't haoen until 30 day period is over hence ur monthly charges may be say Rs. 552 but actual DBR may be on basis of charges applicable excluding these channels which r still part of 30 day lock in.... As the period is completed these will come under DBR and hence ur validity will be calculated based on all these things.

I still don't get it how u r stating that u got charged twice for a-la-carte channels as those which were part of ur subscription earlier as part of old DPO bouquet or a-la-carte list would still be continuing either as part of New DPO bouquet u have opted for (for which u can ask for refund based on remaining days left as explained above) and remaining would be continuing on standalone basis in ur subscription. Since u added some more standalone channels after changing DPO bouquet so 30 day upfront charges would have been deducted for the same from ur DTH Account balance thus again leading to change in validity.

Also what u r saying about paying additional Rs. 146? There is no such need nor r u required to have balance equal to monthly charges to make any changes in ur DTH Account so even if u have Rs. 100 u can make any change just that account balance should be more than standalone channels being opted by u as deduction will happen upfront for it

Last edited:
Airtel also charge extra for connection pause, they charge 30, 60 and 90 rs for 30, 60 and 90 days respectively. We can't choose number of days by ourselves. And if we take 30 days pause option and resume after 1 day they still charge 30rs. Where as tata play never charge for this. You can pause and resume unlimited times for unlimited days.
Airtel also charge fine for connection resume after recharge after a long gap. And their minimum recharge is also high 150 or 200rs. Whereas tata play dont fine for all this and their minimum recharge amount is also low 50 or 100rs.

You can resume ur services anytime when temporary suspension / safe custody facility has been opted for....fixed slabs of 30 days, 90 days,,180 days r there but customer is not bound to suspend services for exact period.

Late Fee / Idle Maintenance Fee r charged once ur account goes into suspended state but same can be credited back if u call customer care and request them for the same. Minimum recharge amount for Airtel Digital TV is Rs. 50 if ur account is in active state and Rs. 150 if account is in suspended state.....in Tata Play same is Rs. 100 for active account and i believe same is applicable if account is in suspended state.

You can resume ur services anytime when temporary suspension / safe custody facility has been opted for....fixed slabs of 30 days, 90 days,,180 days r there but customer is not bound to suspend services for exact period.

Late Fee / Idle Maintenance Fee r charged once ur account goes into suspended state but same can be credited back if u call customer care and request them for the same. Minimum recharge amount for Airtel Digital TV is Rs. 50 if ur account is in active state and Rs. 150 if account is in suspended state.....in Tata Play same is Rs. 100 for active account and i believe same is applicable if account is in suspended state.
I throw airtel xstream box in garbage and sell its iron antenna to scrapyard guy. And with that money i eat soan papdi 😋

Plz provide screenshots to validate ur claims. Also if u have changed plan post recharge and there r certain channels which were previously opted by u on standalone basis but now r part of DPO Bouquet which u have opted for then cal customer care and ask them for processing refund for concerned channels based on whatever days r eft in 30 day lock period for the same.

Kindly note that as now 30 day charges r deducted upfront for a-la-carte channels hence when u calculate monthly charges u should keep in mind that for such channels daily deduction won't haoen until 30 day period is over hence ur monthly charges may be say Rs. 552 but actual DBR may be on basis of charges applicable excluding these channels which r still part of 30 day lock in.... As the period is completed these will come under DBR and hence ur validity will be calculated based on all these things.

I still don't get it how u r stating that u got charged twice for a-la-carte channels as those which were part of ur subscription earlier as part of old DPO bouquet or a-la-carte list would still be continuing either as part of New DPO bouquet u have opted for (for which u can ask for refund based on remaining days left as explained above) and remaining would be continuing on standalone basis in ur subscription. Since u added some more standalone channels after changing DPO bouquet so 30 day upfront charges would have been deducted for the same from ur DTH Account balance thus again leading to change in validity.

Also what u r saying about paying additional Rs. 146? There is no such need nor r u required to have balance equal to monthly charges to make any changes in ur DTH Account so even if u have Rs. 100 u can make any change just that account balance should be more than standalone channels being opted by u as deduction will happen upfront for it
As you are also a Airtel Subscriber.. Just change your current plan and add some a-la-carte channels and you will see what exactly i am trying to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
wZasPBL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
us no need to share any screen shot. As you are also a Airtel Subscriber.. Just change your current plan and add some a-la-carte channels and you will see what exactly i am trying to say.
Bro you just reciving end of missap of adtv new regime

Coz any plan you can drop any time also charged dbr basis but when you drop plan and add a la karte topup you asking adtv to add that channel on upfront basis as new policy of adtv so I don't see any fault of adtv p.s if you not know the policy then case is different also for protection purpose in future when you drop pack drop 11:45pm and add tooup after 1:30am then double charge not happen as adtv cut dbr money after 1am so your plan money will deduct on 1am and as i say if u drop plan before 12am your money noy wasted also if you add topup after 1:30am buy that time you will be charged only what is fair amount and top-up charge amount not double amount

Bro you just reciving end of missap of adtv new regime

Coz any plan you can drop any time also charged dbr basis but when you drop plan and add a la karte topup you asking adtv to add that channel on upfront basis as new policy of adtv so I don't see any fault of adtv p.s if you not know the policy then case is different also for protection purpose in future when you drop pack drop 11:45pm and add tooup after 1:30am then double charge not happen as adtv cut dbr money after 1am so your plan money will deduct on 1am and as i say if u drop plan before 12am your money noy wasted also if you add topup after 1:30am buy that time you will be charged only what is fair amount and top-up charge amount not double amount

But buddy in his case such double deduction won't have happened as if he downgraded the package so his DBR would have gotten reduced.....if suppose Rs. 17 is my DBR and today i change my package and DBR stands at Rs. 14 then no excess deduction will happen. Also if u add a top up whose DBR is upto Rs. 3 while changing pack then too there won't be any excess deduction as already u have paid Rs. 17 for that day....same wad also possible while adding a-la-carte channels before 30 day lock in policy was implemented. Only for standalone channels for which one has paid upfront and are now part of newly opted DPO bouquet, refund can be requested for remaining days left in 30 day lock in cycle and any additional standalone channels added will again lead to charges being deducted upfront for 1 month period . Here the customer also got certain channels part of Old DPO bouquet whose charges were deducted on DBR basis and when he changed/downgraded to different DPO bouquet then some of these channels would not have been part of it and he would have opted for them on standalone basis thus deduction for such channels would have happened for 30 days period, there is no such case of double deduction applicable here

If one upgrades the package then excess charges applicable (New DBR minus Old DBR) will be deducted from account for bouquets/top ups. Refund for A-La-Carte channels in lock in period but now part of bouquet can be processed as stated above.

Previously if we dropped pack/channels and downgraded DPO bouquet then i remember both Airtel Digital TV and Tata Play used to credit the differential DBR amount to customer's DTH Account, many people started taking advantage of this loophole and subscribed to high priced bouquet or channels all day and dropped it before 12 AM thus causing loss to operators and broadcasters thus this was later rectified and now DBR deduction happens for current pack but same is not reversed if remove channels or downgrade bouquet on same day

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock