airtel hd+ screenshots with information

oh my god Rs 400 for dvr remote and delivery charge extra plus recording charges every month at Rs 25. too costly

airtel hd+ faq with full details

FAQs

1. What is the airtel digital TV HD+?
The airtel digital TV HD+ Recorder does everything your regular airtel digital TV [HD] service does. It also lets you:
- Record programs for later viewing
- Pause Live TV
- Rewind Live TV
- Perform advanced recording

- Schedule programs to Record automatically even if the TV is switched off
- Record from anywhere - use your cell phone to browse for programs and schedule recordings
- Record all the episodes of a program automatically (Series recording)
- Perform advanced playback

- Replay your programs just like a DVD i.e. pause/rewind/fast-forward
- Press Forward/Rewind button multiple times to increase fastworward/rewind speed
- Replay in slow motion

2. How do I buy the HD+?
Go to Buy Now, select digital TV HD+ and choose the plan that suits you. Alternately, you can SMS HDPLUS to 54235 from your mobile phone, and we will get back to you.

3. What are the charges for recording functionality?
The Recording chota pack is priced at Rs. 25/ per month including taxes.

4. Can I use any USB drive / hard disk?
Any USB drive with capacity greater than or equal to 4 GB is supported.
However, for best performance, we recommend the following models:

USB Drives:
Imation Atom & NanoPro
HP V 165-W
Sandisk CZ 50
Verbatim Swivel

Hard Disks:
Western Digital Passport AV
Transcend 25M
iOmega eGo
Seagate GoFlex, Go & 25D2

This list will be continuously updated on the website.

5. Can I re-use any USB drive / hard disk on my PC/laptop?
The first time you insert the USB drive / hard disk in the set top box, it will be formatted and all existing data will be erased.
If you want to re-use the hard disk on the PC/Laptop, you may have to re-format the hard disk on your PC/Laptop and then use it.

6. Can I use multiple USB drives?
Yes, you can use any number of USB drives for recording purposes.

7. How do I Record a program using my Remote Control?
You can record a program you are viewing by pressing the Rec button on your remote. You can also browse the Guide to schedule programs to record up to 4 days in advance.

8. How do I automatically record all the series/episodes of a program?
Sometimes you may want to record all episodes of your favourite programme. This is when you need to use Series recording.
Whenever you start recording or schedule a recording of a programme that has series, you will be prompted whether you want to record the series or the individual episode.

9. What Is the Pause Live TV feature?
Suppose you are watching your favourite programme on TV and the phone rings or you need to take a break. Just press the Pause button and your TV pauses at that point. When you want to resume watching, press Play to start the show exactly from where you left off.

10. How do I Rewind Live TV?
If you are watching TV and want to replay a particular scene or dialogue, simply press the Rewind button on the remote control. By repeatedly pressing the Rewind button, you can increase the rewind speed. You can rewind up to 90 minutes of the program you are watching (configurable via settings in the STB).
Note: This feature is turned off by default. Please enable this feature by modifying the 'review buffer depth' value in 'user settings > recorder settings'

11. How can I watch what I have recorded?
You can view your recordings anytime at your convenience. Press 'my Rec' on your remote to reach the 'my recordings' section.
Note: Some content providers (especially some pay-per-view content providers) do not allow their content to be replayed after a few hours/days and the Recorder automatically enforces this policy.

12. Is it possible to watch different program while recording?
The HD STB has a single tuner. This means, you can tune in to 1 channel at any point of time. So, at any point in time you can do any of the following:
1) Watch 1 channel
2) Record 1 channel
3) Record and watch 1 channel
4) Watch a previously recorded programme
For watching a different programme while recording, you would need to upgrade to an HD Recorder

13. Can I record two channels simultaneously?
No, you can record only 1 programme at a time. For multiple recording, you would need to upgrade to an HD Recorder.

14. Is it possible to watch recorded program at the same time while recording different program?
No, for this, you would need to upgrade to an HD Recorder.

15. How many hours can I record?
This will depend on the size of the USB drive / hard disk.

16. How do I know how much space is available for Recording?
Click on myRec on your remote, press 'my recordings' and you can see a percentage value of how much disk space is free.

17. What happens if I try to record two channels simultaneously?
If the recorder encounters a situation where two recordings are scheduled simultaneously, you will be prompted with an error message asking you which programme you want to record and which one you want to stop.

18. Can I record one channel and play back another channel (from a previous recording) simultaneously?
Yes, you can.

19. Can I watch/copy the recordings to my PC/laptop, by connecting the USB drive?
No, this is not possible as the recorded programmes are stored in an encrypted format.

20. Can I watch/copy the recordings to another HD+ STB in my own house / a friend's house?
No, this is not possible. A recording is tied to the particular set top box (view card) and cannot be viewed on any other set top box or device.

21. I get an error code 4 while trying to playback previously recorded content.
Please check whether the particular channel is active in your package/chota-pack. If not, you will not be able to watch it.

22. For scheduled recording, should I keep my TV set on?
This is not required. You can even turn 'off' your set top box. However, the electrical outlet of the HD set top box must be connected to a power supply to ensure recording occurs.

23. What happens if there is power-cut during a recording?
The set-top box will resume recording automatically as soon as power is back.

24. How does an existing HD customer use the recording functionality?
- Order a recorder remote control by contacting a local dealer or calling the call center.
- Once you receive the remote control, activate recording chota pack (top-up) @25/pm by calling the call center.
- Insert a pen drive of 4GB pen drive (minimum) or an external USB HDD

25. How can I order a new recorder remote control?
You can call the call center or contact your local dealer.

26. How do I Record a program using my Mobile Phone?
Even if you're not at home, you can schedule a recording from your mobile phone using the mobile recording application. To install and start using the application, follow these steps:
- Ensure you have a GPRS and Java enabled mobile.
- It is recommended that this mobile should be one of the 4 registered phone numbers linked to your digital TV account.
- Text "MGUIDE" to 54325 to receive the link on your phone.
- Click on the link in your SMS to download the application.
- Launch the application.
- Login to the application using your My Account login ID and password (In case you do not have a My Account login, you can register at airtel Digital TV | Best DTH Services in India | Direct to Home or click on the 'Register Now' link on the mobile application to register)
- Browse genres and select the program you want to watch.
- Click on Record to schedule the Recording.

You can view programme details and record the programme via the mobile up to 2 days in advance (today and tomorrow)

Note: When you schedule a program to record from your mobile, please ensure that you Set Top box is connected to the power supply and that there were no other recording conflicts at the same time.

27. Will the mobile recording application run on any handset?
The mobile application is designed to work on any Java enabled handset having a GPRS connection. Currently, we have tested the application on more than 260 handsets. We will continue to expand this list. The app runs on all popular models of leading handset brands like Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Samsung, LG, Blackberry, Asus, HTC, Micromax etc.
(We do not currently support iOS and Android handsets).
The updated list of supported devices is available on our website airtel Digital TV | Best DTH Services in India | Direct to Home

28. Are there any Recording charges associated with recording from my Mobile?
Currently, there is no charge associated with downloading, viewing the program guide or recording from your mobile. Please note that the data transfer charges from your mobile service provider may still apply.

29. How do I Record a program using the internet?
Customers can log in to their Self Care account on http://www.airtel.in/digitaltv. They can click on "Program Guide" at the top navigation bar to access this feature.
The feature allows customers to;

- Browse channels by genre
- View program guide 3 days in advance
- Search for programmes by programme name or by time
- Jump directly to favorite channels to browse
- Schedule recordings

You can view programme details and record the programme via mobile up to 3 days in advance (today, tomorrow and day after)

30. What is the Lock Feature on the mobile and internet recording?
All mobile and internet recorded events are locked automatically to protect these recordings from accidental deletion.
To unlock, the default PIN is the same as your default parental control pin which is 0000.

31. What happens when my hard-disk gets full? Will my recorder stop recording new programs?
You can specify how you want to manage your recordings when the disk is full. There are three disk management modes available in the Recorder Settings: Automatic, Warning and Manual mode, depending on how you want the recorder to handle your recordings when the disk space gets full.

Automatic Mode: This is the default disk-management mode. When the disk gets full, your oldest viewed recording gets deleted. Older un-watched recordings get deleted next when the disk runs out of space again.

Warning Mode: In this mode, you are warned when your disk is full. In case you do not delete recordings, the mode still functions in Automatic mode.

Manual Mode: The recorder does not overwrite your old recordings. When the disk gets full, you are warned and the recorder records only when more space is freed up manually.

To select one of the above options, press the menu button on the remote, select 'settings > user settings > recorder settings' to select the mode you wish to use.

32. Will there be any validity period for the recording to be saved in system (expiry of a content saved on the disk)?
Most of the recordings will not have an expiry date and will remain on the hard disk as long as there is space. However, certain content providers may have designed the recording of their programmes to expire after a few hours. Such programmes, if recorded, will not be accessible on the expiry of the viewing period set by the content provider.

33. What happens when there is an electricity failure? Will I lose my recordings?
Your recordings are secure on your hard disk and you will not lose anything that has already been recorded when there is a power failure. However, if there is a program that is recording or has been scheduled for recording at the time of an electricity failure, the recording will not be done for the duration of the power cut. As soon as the electricity returns, your recorder will re-start and the recording of the programme will resume automatically.

34. If the USB drive / hard disk is damaged, what will happen to the recordings?34. If the USB drive / hard disk is damaged, what will happen to the recordings?
In case the USB drive/hard disk is damaged, the recordings may be lost.

35. Is there a warranty on the recorded content?
There is no warranty on the recorded content.

Airtel HD+ Launched

7PcN1.jpg

Airtel HD+ Launched At market :lol @ Rs.2790...
The good news is that HDr set top box is about to get smart. Thanks to airtel digital TV HD+, now you can convert your set top box into a recorder and record, well, anything you like!

The HD+ is packed with never-seen-before features that are set to revolutionise the way you enjoy TV. What's more, bestowed with the prestigious 'Product of the Year' award 2012, it is the most technologically advanced product in the market!

Go ahead, record everything!

Don't Forget Dish+ If anyone Buying For Recording....:p

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock