Good News Airtel NCF Miscalculation Selfcare Bug Resolved!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Gopi27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 35
  • Views Views: Views 6,820
It was not actually a bug but as i had told earlier they could not bracket these channels as NCF Free for all subscribers till each one is shifted to new regime. Might be some technical or operational constraints we r unaware of.

Even new channel addition is on hold due to reasons other than bandwidth. All things will be sorted shortly. They have recently added some new channels but not added them in respective bouquet as doing so after small intervals causes confusion among subscribers , hence once all missing channels r added then it will be included in respective bouquets.

If u notice they have not changed LCN of History TV18 HD which indicates that addition of FYI TV18 HD is on hold & post realignment of channel numbers & placing them in a sequence which gets them maximum savings in form of incentives. Even HD channels from Star India r in waiting line.

Currently available Hindi News Channels will also be put in correct order & some like Epic shifted to appropriate genre.

FINALLY....That hashtag seems to have worked!!
no siva bro, it has not, my channel count has increased from 70 to 130 overnight even though NCF is unchanged, if i now add 1 channel NCF will automatically increase, this is 2nd time this is happening. Now i will have to do the circus all over again....is this bug or intentional....

Last edited:
no siva bro, it has not, my channel count has increased from 70 to 130 overnight even though NCF is unchanged, if i now add 1 channel NCF will automatically increase, this is 2nd time this is happening. Now i will have to do the circus all over again....is this bug or intentional....
They've activated the complementary pack on your account. Your NCF will not increase. Just relax. Other members have confirmed this.
If you don't want the channels of complementary pack then you can remove it.

They've activated the complementary pack on your account. Your NCF will not increase. Just relax. Other members have confirmed this.
You cannot remove or add the complimentary FTA pack on your own right?
I had to get the Airtel social media team to do it.

my question is if i add 1 channel now, will my NCF increase as the channel count is 130, earlier i had 30 more channels to add before NCF increases.. thats my worry as anyways i will not be watching those complimentary channels..

They have re-added the complimentary bouquet to all the accounts again, even to the accounts I have forcefully got it removed. Though the actual bug is resolved, there is still display bug when we add al-a-carte or bouquet to our pack.

Confirmation that the complimentary pack was re-added to the account. The actual selected channel count was 59, but it shows 126.

Free-Bouquet.png

Current pack cost:

Existing.png

Adding Al-a-carte shows a wrong existing pack cost, though the new pack cost is correct.

NewRent.png

Same goes for adding bouquet as well.

New-BBRent.png

Basically when we change the pack, the existing pack cost on the confirmation screen doesn't seem to include the bouquet cost that were already present in the pack. It's confusing, although there is no financial impact with this. Airtel and it's bugs LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom