DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream box 1.0 (Android 11 OS) firmfare update to 5.0.24-230803

Just my 2 cents on the new Android 11 upgrade. My Airtel XStream Box 001 got updated to Android 11 sometime probably at the start of September. Based on my usage experience, the start time has now increased to 2- 3 minutes and even then the App and channel icons will take another minute to load.

The UI looks a lil better but nothing worth talking about. Some OTT apps like Prime Video have gotten much slower with the subtitles never in sync for the video which also buffers (the connection speed is great). DTH front, there are not many changes.

I have requested the Airtel tech to come have a look and provide an upgraded box if possible.

All in all except for the Dolby audio working as mentioned above, you are not missing out on much. Enjoy Android 9 if you still are on it.
So the Airtel Tech came over and did the usual - clear cache, resetting the Home app, trying to tell me that the remote batteries are low and hence the apps react slow :rolleyes:. In short, nothing worked out.

He also informed that had I not been on an Airtel black plan, he would have upgraded the box to the XStream 4 for free if I did a 6 month recharge upfront or he can upgrade the box now if I pay another 1500. Will decide on that later.

So the Airtel Tech came over and did the usual - clear cache, resetting the Home app, trying to tell me that the remote batteries are low and hence the apps react slow :rolleyes:. In short, nothing worked out.

He also informed that had I not been on an Airtel black plan, he would have upgraded the box to the XStream 4 for free if I did a 6 month recharge upfront or he can upgrade the box now if I pay another 1500. Will decide on that later.
Paying 6 month is not mandatory, you can opt for monthly payment, recently I moved to black plan by taking new fiber connection just paying 1500, And they also offered new free xstream connection with new STB for free, of course I haven't taken it, I added my existing xstream to my black plan.

Paying 6 month is not mandatory, you can opt for monthly payment, recently I moved to black plan by taking new fiber connection just paying 1500, And they also offered new free xstream connection with new STB for free, of course I haven't taken it, I added my existing xstream to my black plan.
Yeah..The 2nd option is where I have to take a new ID and I can get the box for free with monthly payments. I am already an existing Black plan customer with a DTH and Fiber plan on it.

Regardless I might shift to prepaid so I can again access the broadcaster bouquets for the DTH which are not available to black plans on the Airtel Thanks app.

When Airtel is going to resume the update for Airtel Xtreme set top box 1.0

Sorry, my xstream box 1 , upgraded to android 11, but not sure why Airtel stopped after upgrading some boxes.
So it not fake.
I don't believe it, give us video proof. 😅
So that i can email your video to airtel technical support team as they are denying that xstream box 1 had received android 11 update.

I don't believe it, give us video proof. 😅
So that i can email your video to airtel technical support team as they are denying that xstream box 1 had received android 11 update.
You have to
HbuIH7B.jpg
9lRlnqt.jpg
625AtL5.jpg
9lRlnqt.jpg
9lRlnqt.jpg
625AtL5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock