DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

Siva

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Recording itself is. It requires external mouse to navigate. Also it doesn't record internal audio.
You can connect Bluetooth mouse. I don't use the app, so I don't know about it's shortcomings. I guess the question was whether or not we can install it.

DJ Roy

Dream Shine
Reaction score
You can connect Bluetooth mouse. I don't use the app, so I don't know about it's shortcomings. I guess the question was whether or not we can install it.
Can you try installing the app and test it for other users?

dth_expert

Registered
Reaction score
My one more query is that is it display home channel after power on. For ex. I m watching a channel and suddenly power get off now when i will restart the box will it take me to home channel or just on home screen?

Siva

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My one more query is that is it display home channel after power on. For ex. I m watching a channel and suddenly power get off now when i will restart the box will it take me to home channel or just on home screen?
Home screen.

shawl_who

Dream Legend
Reaction score
really nice review 👏

What is d monthly rental for watching TV on this xtream?

I m currently using airtel DTH on mega HD pack, and paying rs. 700 pm

Siva

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
really nice review 👏

What is d monthly rental for watching TV on this xtream?

I m currently using airtel DTH on mega HD pack, and paying rs. 700 pm
You can use the same plan bro.

k2max6

Dream Shine
Reaction score
I am using Nvidia Shield, probably the best android tv in the world. Unfortunately, it is not available in India.

My point is different. I am greatly disappointed by big Indian Companies like AirTel. It can’t put a right product in the market. We are still a bunch of mediocre.

I am hopeful from TRAI. The proposed policy of providing operator neutral STB will help and will bring true competition.
I don’t mean to offend you but why are comparing a 2000₹ device to a 20000₹ one (duties included) again and again. I know there is nothing above shield when it comes to “android” , you don’t need to reiterate that again and again. Above all can you put in a coaxial wire and watch dth channels and record them on it. No. So why bring it in this discussion.

Instead of blatantly telling people not to buy the box just because you don’t like it and it doesn’t satisfy your requirements, just make people aware of the things you don’t like.
Let people decide for themselves.

You said you have a home theatre setup and said you are facing problems with CEC. I am not and many others aren’t. You don’t find the sound good. You have navigation problems. Why don’t you give back the box and take HD + box, it has recording facility as well. Since you have the supreme nvidia shield why do you need the xstream box at all.

Are you sure there is nothing wrong in your setup before you blame airtel. If there is something truly wrong with your box why don’t you ask airtel tech to bring another for testing and see how it works.

I agree it has a few shortcomings but what do you expect for 2000₹ .

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Discussion Planning to get Airtel Xstream box Airtel Xstream 9
sushruta Breaking Airtel Xtreme Box included with new Xstream Fiber Plans with Unlimited Data Airtel Xstream 1
DreamDTH.com Article New Airtel Xstream Box connections now only offering Airtel Xstream App subscription as Introductory Offer DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
harsh_hk Seeking Help Need help before buying Airtel Xstream box Airtel Xstream 3
DreamDTH.com Article Airtel has more exciting innovations lined up over time to lower the cost of Xstream Box: Gopal Vittal DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
S Seeking Help Airtel xstream box remote not working sometimes. Airtel Xstream 5
Softsathish Airtel Xstream Box effectively free Airtel Xstream 30
DreamDTH.com Article Airtel Xstream Box now only offering 3 months subscription of Airtel Xstream app and ZEE5 to new customers Airtel Xstream 0
M Seeking Help Lag in Airtel Xstream Box OTT Apps Airtel Xstream 7
Danasegarane Discussion Query on Airtel Xstream Box Airtel Digital TV 7
Tapas Seeking Help Can Airtel Xstream Setup Box can be downgraded Airtel Internet TV 1
Ashpamy Apps in Airtel Xstream box. Airtel Xstream 6
R How to install Mx Player on Airtel Xstream box Airtel Xstream 1
T Airtel Xstream box Airtel Xstream 0
Deepak28686 Update Play Services (Play Store) on Airtel Xstream Box Airtel Xstream 4
Nikhil Phul Discussion Airtel Xstream Box Prime Video error Airtel Xstream 73
A Suggest Best Display Resolution in Airtel Xstream Box Airtel Xstream 1
A Suggest Best Display Resolution in Airtel Xstream Box Airtel Xstream 0
P Good News Purchased new Airtel Xstream Box at 2249 as a part of Airtel Thanks offer Airtel Xstream 2
P Good News Ordered Google Nest Mini at 1699 as an offer from airtel for purchasing Xstream Set Top Box Airtel Xstream 11
souradeep414 Airtel Xstream Box - Error OT - 106 : Unable to check update Airtel Xstream 10
Basil Good News Tata Sky Binge+ Effect: Airtel Xstream Box at Rs 2249 with Rs 1750 discount all over India for a limited period Airtel Xstream 26
A Discussion Upgraded to Airtel xstream box, need help Airtel Xstream 1
S Airtel Xstream android box available at my pin code Airtel Xstream 4
srikanth3d How to force close apps in Airtel XStream box? Airtel Xstream 0