DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 129,919
Yes. that's correct. But suppose if you want to scroll from one fav channel to other, you need to come to home screen and navigate to my channels section and then scroll to channel you want to view and finally click get it on your TV screen. There is no direct navigation method of fav channels on xtreme box as it is available on HD box and other operators like Videocon D2H which I was using earlier.
Hi there,

This is not true. While watching any channel, u can press the button with 3 lines on the remote. The EPG opens up at the bottom and u can toggle between favourites, program guide, audio, etc. This is better rather than pressing the guide or home buttons, because ur current content continues to play.

Hi there,

This is not true. While watching any channel, u can press the button with 3 lines on the remote. The EPG opens up at the bottom and u can toggle between favourites, program guide, audio, etc. This is better rather than pressing the guide or home buttons, because ur current content continues to play.
Hi, I am referring to channel scrolling to only Fav channels as avl on HD STB or Videocon D2H which I was using before migrating to Airtel Xtreme. I can assign channel nos. 1 to 20 to my Fav list and scroll only 1 to 20 to get only Fav channels while scrolling. This feature is missing in Xtreme STB.

My Airtel Xstream box remote is not working properly. It stopped working within few days after installation. Then, I replaced the batteries, it stated working. Again after few days it stopped working. This time I just removed and reinserted the same batteries, it worked again.

If it is not working then even the LED on the top of the remote does not blink at all, if I press any button.

Now, I have to reinsert the batteries often to make it working again. Anybody facing this issue?
Hi there,

I faced this a lot. Suddenly the remote would stop working. Then I did some research about how to unpair and pair the remote again. Tried, but the problem occured again. Then, I learnt about resetting the remote. Here, u need to press the back button and the button with 3 lines simultaneously for 5 secs. U will see the light blink on top of the remote. Ur remote is now reset completely. Next step is to switch off and on the airtel xstream box stb from the mains. U will need to switch on ur tv with original tv remote). Now start the pairing process to make it a universal remote. Place the remote close to stb and press home. The light on the remote will blink for few seconds. Allow it to pass. Now see if the volume and channel change buttons are working. If not, u will need to pair the remote with original tv remote. Airtel has put a video about airtel xstream box remote pairing on YouTube. It is self-explanatory. U will be good to go. If the problem persists, continue doing this.

For me, the problem lasted several days and then it went off. I was beginning to feel it could be due to a faulty remote or weak wi-fi. Nevertheless, things seem to be working fine now. I could not diagnose the problem, but could treat it. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Aside this, on a lighter note, I am a very happy customer of airtel xstream box. Flawless, well packaged, very convenient. Was of great use during the lockdown. Also, very price-friendly. Only the ram and internal storage could be higher I guess.

Aside this, on a lighter note, I am a very happy customer of airtel xstream box. Flawless, well packaged, very convenient. Was of great use during the lockdown. Also, very price-friendly. Only the ram and internal storage could be higher I guess.
If they didn't have an issue with Dolby audio on Amazon Prime Video, it would have been a complete package. Can't expect RAM and Internal Storage to be higher at that price point though.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock