DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 130,097
Normal remote still works with Xstream Box. I tested it before handing over my old remote. But the problem is that they didn't implement the old favorites functionality in this box. I'm not sure if they have any limitations doing that!
Hi Siva,
Thanks for your detailed analysis. Since you said normal remote still works One question on favorites functionality, so is the favorite functionality of navigating between channels also working in old remote. If so can you share the pic or model of the old remote.
Thanks
Rakesh

So how does favorite channles system work in xtream box?
Acc to YT review all fav channels come under my channels tab on homescreen?

Yes. that's correct. But suppose if you want to scroll from one fav channel to other, you need to come to home screen and navigate to my channels section and then scroll to channel you want to view and finally click get it on your TV screen. There is no direct navigation method of fav channels on xtreme box as it is available on HD box and other operators like Videocon D2H which I was using earlier.

Yes. that's correct. But suppose if you want to scroll from one fav channel to other, you need to come to home screen and navigate to my channels section and then scroll to channel you want to view and finally click get it on your TV screen. There is no direct navigation method of fav channels on xtreme box as it is available on HD box and other operators like Videocon D2H which I was using earlier.
One more method : While watching some channel, if you wish to preview and change to anpther channel, press "Guide" key.

Yes, but this method also requires multiple keys to be pressed to view another channels. Purpose to fav channels is to navigate only to these channels with single click.

Hello All,

I'm looking out the upgrade to Xtream box from by normal cable network. I'm looking for this just because I would like to watch the movies with Dolby Audio on most of the HD channels and Amazon Prime.

In one of the messages, I read that Prime Video does not support Dolby Audio in this box. Is that true? In that case how movie fans like me are watching the Prime Video, with Stereo audio?

Please do let me know so that I can decide to go for this or not.

Thanks!

Hello All,

I'm looking out the upgrade to Xtream box from by normal cable network. I'm looking for this just because I would like to watch the movies with Dolby Audio on most of the HD channels and Amazon Prime.

In one of the messages, I read that Prime Video does not support Dolby Audio in this box. Is that true? In that case how movie fans like me are watching the Prime Video, with Stereo audio?

Thanks!
Yes Dolby audio is not available on Amazon prime in this STB. It's available for HD channels with Dolby audio and Netflix though.

Hello All,

Thanks!
Go for MI Box 4K

Yes Dolby audio is not available on Amazon prime in this STB. It's available for HD channels with Dolby audio and Netflix though.

Thanks for the confirmation. As you mentioned that you are in touch with Airtel Audio engineer is there any reply from them yet?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock