Good News Airtel Xstream Box OTT services works without an package subscription!

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 67
  • Views: Views 48,924
It's quite clear for my recently upgraded bix- No subscription No ott access. Not even third party ott.

Hi
I purchased xstream box a week back and got free HD pack subscription for a week.
Now that the HD pack subscription is over, I am unable to use OTTs also.
I am unable to cast any content from my phone also.

Please help

Hi
I purchased xstream box a week back and got free HD pack subscription for a week.
Now that the HD pack subscription is over, I am unable to use OTTs also.
I am unable to cast any content from my phone also.

Please help
You need an active subscription even to access the OTT apps or to cast anything. You can subscribe to the base NCF pack, which costs 153 per month.

Now u have put me in confusion. I have dvr lying idle and wanted to purchase fire stick. Now i dont know ahould i upgrade to xstream or buy fire stick
Bro, You can take my new box if you want. I wish to switch to TS binge+box.

The apps run on user's own internet (& on user's own subscription like Prime & Netflix) & the DTH channels run on the monthly subscription...I don't know why many people even became confused that, if they don't recharge, the OTT contents will also not work...OTT contents have nothing to do with the DTH pack subscription & run independently...After 1 year, Xstream apps may not work as the subscription has been given free for the first year only...They may extend it later or they may decide to not charge for Xstream subscription too...Time will tell...
Not exactly bro what you are thinking. ott app even does not open if u don't have active dth subscription.

Guys, I did not happy with Xtream box and bought TS HD. But I want to use Xtream box as Casting device without connecting LNB. If any tricks please...

Guys, I did not happy with Xtream box and bought TS HD. But I want to use Xtream box as Casting device without connecting LNB. If any tricks please...
Just to not renew ur channels u bought tata sky doesnt make sense from the money u bought TS it was better to recharge ur account of airtel in my opinion

The apps run on user's own internet (& on user's own subscription like Prime & Netflix) & the DTH channels run on the monthly subscription...I don't know why many people even became confused that, if they don't recharge, the OTT contents will also not work...OTT contents have nothing to do with the DTH pack subscription & run independently...After 1 year, Xstream apps may not work as the subscription has been given free for the first year only...They may extend it later or they may decide to not charge for Xstream subscription too...Time will tell...

The apps run on the user's own internet (& on the user's own subscription-like Prime & Netflix) & the DTH channels run on the monthly subscription...I don't know why many people even became confused that, if they don't recharge, the OTT contents will also not work...OTT contents have nothing to do with the DTH pack subscription & run independently...After 1 year, Xstream apps may not work as the subscription has been given free for the first year only...They may extend it later or they may decide to not charge for Xstream subscription too...Time will tell...
Bro if you already upgraded your internet setup box with an Xstream box then you must pay every month 153 INR to recharge your airtel account otherwise you can't access any installed app no matter you have Subscriptions or not. but if you are still using the old setup box Internet TV by Airtel then you can easily use your apps without recharge your airtel account. in starting airtel ask me to pay 2200 INR for upgrades but now to 6 months we use only installed apps like prime, zee5, Netflix, etc. Now airtel agents call me to upgrade in discounts 600INR
because they upgrade it with XStream but in both are same functions don't become fool by airtel :p

Though it is a very late reply may be useful to somebody.
This box will work without active DTH subscription.
I bought this box with one month subscription during launch and never recharged becoz of the favourite selection options.
Just uninstalled 4 apk by adb commands and using this as a Android settop box with all OTT ,chromcast fully working for more than a year.
Installed -- and getting all Indian channels IPTV at a lesser cost .(INR100 per month for 3 users) for my 2nd TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock