Good News Airtel Xstream Box OTT services works without an package subscription!

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 67
  • Views: Views 48,969
Update - The Xstream box is working even without balance/ account suspended state. i.e all the OTT content including xstream content and the box features are accessible except for the DTH channels ofcourse.
Now u have put me in confusion. I have dvr lying idle and wanted to purchase fire stick. Now i dont know ahould i upgrade to xstream or buy fire stick

Now u have put me in confusion. I have dvr lying idle and wanted to purchase fire stick. Now i dont know ahould i upgrade to xstream or buy fire stick

It's simple if you want only online apps and entertainment with a good ui and more control you must go with firetv stick.

This news I already given in my review. I want recharged and still the box is working fine. But we have to wait for another one year to see whether this box will work with out recharge either dth or xtream app.
Now by default xtream content coming free for one year so might be that is the reason xstream box is working.
After one year if we pay 999 for xstream content and with out recharging dth plans might be that time also box will work.
So what I am saying is we need to one more year to see whether box will work or not without recharging dth plan or xstream content.

The apps run on user's own internet (& on user's own subscription like Prime & Netflix) & the DTH channels run on the monthly subscription...I don't know why many people even became confused that, if they don't recharge, the OTT contents will also not work...OTT contents have nothing to do with the DTH pack subscription & run independently...After 1 year, Xstream apps may not work as the subscription has been given free for the first year only...They may extend it later or they may decide to not charge for Xstream subscription too...Time will tell...

Last edited:
Maybe this can help.. When i upgraded my box.. initially my mobile number/customer ID was not attached by default. Account settings option (registered mobile number and customer id) was showing blank. Later, I called CC to update the details. During the time when my details were not attached. I was not able to see any premium content. Error message came as Mobile number not attached. Non-premium content access was there. Even at that time apps were working.

Disclaimer :- I have an Airtel Broadband connection.

I just got my xStream box a day ago. Looks like a good choice to upgrade,
But can someone help with the following?
Like someone pointed out, CEC is not working, eg, I can't switch off my TV from the remote, and cant control TV volume from remote
Youtube videos are not working, the video is stuck at 0th second. Not sure if its the format problem?

~Ravi

I don't have that YT videos problem personally...You can try a factory reset of the box...

I just got my xStream box a day ago. Looks like a good choice to upgrade,
But can someone help with the following?
Like someone pointed out, CEC is not working, eg, I can't switch off my TV from the remote, and cant control TV volume from remote
Youtube videos are not working, the video is stuck at 0th second. Not sure if its the format problem?

~Ravi
Did you update the software? The version that comes with the box is buggy, there are too many issues with that.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock