Good News Airtel Xstream Box OTT services works without an package subscription!

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 67
  • Views: Views 48,964
Though it is a very late reply may be useful to somebody.
This box will work without active DTH subscription.
I bought this box with one month subscription during launch and never recharged becoz of the favourite selection options.
Just uninstalled 4 apk by adb commands and using this as a Android settop box with all OTT ,chromcast fully working for more than a year.
Installed Tivimate and getting all Indian channels IPTV at a lesser cost .(INR100 per month for 3 users) for my 2nd TV.

buddy do not delete default system apps as it might create some functionality issue later on as they r sometimes inter linked or connected. Also airtel might not give service support if default apps settings r fiddled with

buddy do not delete default system apps as it might create some functionality issue later on as they r sometimes inter linked or connected. Also airtel might not give service support if default apps settings r fiddled with

Thanks.
It is the standard practice of deleting bloatware in Android.
If you reset the box all the deleted application will come to life.
It is a launcher apk which is to be deleted to remove the DTH details.
You have to install ATV launcher to continue to use as Android box.
My box is working and I am getting updates also.
Hence no problems...

C
Thanks.
It is the standard practice of deleting bloatware in Android.
If you reset the box all the deleted application will come to life.
It is a launcher apk which is to be deleted to remove the DTH details.
You have to install ATV launcher to continue to use as Android box.
My box is working and I am getting updates also.
Hence no problems...
Can you please provide step by step procedure what you mentioned ?

Though it is a very late reply may be useful to somebody.
This box will work without active DTH subscription.
I bought this box with one month subscription during launch and never recharged becoz of the favourite selection options.
Just uninstalled 4 apk by adb commands and using this as a Android settop box with all OTT ,chromcast fully working for more than a year.
Installed Tivimate and getting all Indian channels IPTV at a lesser cost .(INR100 per month for 3 users) for my 2nd TV.
Plz can you elaborate? I want to buy xstream box but don't want to pay for dth subscription. I already have tata sky dth subscription in my primary tv.

I am viewing this from a different angle.

I already have Amazon Firestick. And I am already an Airtel Broadband customer.
When I am trying to recharge Rs.799 plan for a year (Rs.8100) on Airtel Thanks apps it showing :

1. Airtel Xstream as a service is already "Active" as part of benefits. I can install the app on my phone and can watch all the available contents ((Live TV, Kids, TV Shows, Movies, News, Channels , Premium).

2. I can get Airtel Xstream box at a Rs.1500 refundable deposit.

3. "All OTT content benefits are available with 4K Xstream Box".

I have installed Airtel Xstream app on Firestick. But when I open it, the "Live TV" section doesn't appear, it appears on mobile app.

If the by getting the Xstream Box if I can watch "Live TV" as it appears on the mobile app, without any additional subscription then, I would like to go for it. That way, I will be able to see all the channels available on Xstream app for free.

Is this possible ? Should I go for the Xstream Box ?

When I am trying to recharge Rs.799 plan for a year (Rs.8100) on Airtel Thanks apps it showing :

1. Airtel Xstream as a service is already "Active" as part of benefits. I can install the app on my phone and can watch all the available contents ((Live TV, Kids, TV Shows, Movies, News, Channels , Premium).

I have installed Airtel Xstream app on Firestick. But when I open it, the "Live TV" section doesn't appear, it appears on mobile app.

If the by getting the Xstream Box if I can watch "Live TV" as it appears on the mobile app, without any additional subscription then, I would like to go for it. That way, I will be able to see all the channels available on Xstream app for free.

Integration of applications for live tv is limited to zee5, sonyliv only at present.
I don't think airtel tv will allow integration of live tv as their xstream application is not having live tv.
For livetv in android/ xstream box you need IPTV subscription and -- or -- application to watch live tv..
Some groups in Telegram having subscription plans for IPTV

Last edited by a moderator:

If you even buy Airtel Xtreme DTH box, still you need to pay monthly plan charges as per your selection to view channels. Without monthly active DTH subscription, Xtreme box is like show piece as you even cannot watch OTT apps on it.

Last edited:
If you even buy Airtel Xtreme DTH box, still you need to pay monthly plan charges as per your selection to view channels. Without monthly active DTH subscription, Xtreme box is like show piece as you even cannot watch OTT apps on it.
I am using the box without subscription for the last one year.
Use xstream box as Android tv box check here

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock