Discussion Airtel XStream Box vs Tata Play Binge+

• Thread starter dino29
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 38
  • Views: Views 11,356
As i have said i have already answered these queries at various points of time across different threads on the forum so no point of writing it again . As you regularly read all posts hence i suppose u should have already known these answers, if still u r unaware then i request u to search for the same using keywords and be more focused /attentive while reading posts so as to understand the content properly and while surfing plz even bookmark important thread /posts for future reference .

Buddy i can't be giving lengthy explanations for same questions time and again. I hope that i have been able to address ur query 🙏
Bro, as u mentioned I spent my time because I am not busy as other people in world and read all posts by you which u posted after July 1st 2022...related to binge, xstream, Tataplay, airtel related...
But unfortunately, I didn't find any specific post which explains features that are only available in xstream box and not their in binge... Whenever there is chance of comparison u simply stated xstream is best in terms of hardware and software when compared to binge box... But u didn't mentioned any specific features for the same... After July 1st...

And actually in July 11th u asked in tataplay thread for live tv feature through Internet and how it works binge box, so that u can also feedback to ur xstream team... Hope by this time it is added by airtel because it is already six months u asked that.... So, is it the same feature I am missing?..
And u also mentioned in one post in airtel forum that airtel need to improve its dth app support and all....
But u didn't mentioned any specific features of xstream box...

And bro, so I read all ur messages after July 1st and u asked for me to more attentive I will surely do this when I am reading ur messages...
And also I bookmarked some posts related to topic now... Which is posted by u...

And Ofcourse, nobody wants lengthy explanation bro... That's why I asked u for specific features which are available in xstream box and I mentioned that they are not available... So, that there is no scope for long messages and unnecessary discussions...
But every time when there is scope for explaining the exact features of xstream box and binge is not doing that..instead of mentioning them u simply mentioned xstream is best in terms of hardware and software that's it... No proper explanation for the same...

Hope u understand what I am asking?

Last edited:
That's too much with GST bro. Even Netfix seems to be not available.
BoRFQcA.jpg

Website information not updated correctly. Here r the details from airtel thanks app. You also get first 30 days free, Rs. 100 discount on postpaid bill for 12 months. Also free installation/activation on choosing long term plan
Bqz9jk1.jpg

What airtel doing is bundling all services than providing perks so, that the arpu will increase same case with netflix on airtel bundle plans....
Where, customer paying higher monthly overall plus gst....
But in tataplay netflix can be purchased as low as 199/- no extra taxes plus free news channels....
But airtel only providing at higher packs...
Also binge 175 plan includes hotstar premium, zee5, SunNxt, Hoichoi which are actually worth..
Where airtel xstream pack 149 pack only have sonyliv and Lionsgate Play, hoichoi which are actually worth....

I am not telling airtel is doing wrong by providing netflix at higher value packs... It is their strategy...
But Tataplay is providing best packs in terms of ott combos at reasonable pricing and no extra taxes

What airtel doing is bundling all services than providing perks so, that the arpu will increase same case with netflix on airtel bundle plans....
Where, customer paying higher monthly overall plus gst....
But in tataplay netflix can be purchased as low as 199/- no extra taxes plus free news channels....
But airtel only providing at higher packs...
Also binge 175 plan includes hotstar premium, zee5, SunNxt, Hoichoi which are actually worth..
Where airtel xstream pack 149 pack only have sonyliv and Lionsgate Play, hoichoi which are actually worth....

I am not telling airtel is doing wrong by providing netflix at higher value packs... It is their strategy...
But Tataplay is providing best packs in terms of ott combos at reasonable pricing and no extra taxes

Go to airtel thanks app, click on shop tab and u can buy OTT subscription of ur choice..many at discounted rates
If Tata Play is offering no discount on Netflix in combo plans then subscribers can even buy it separately.

Airtel Black combo plans are already available at discounted price and offer many other benefits which i have already explained

FYI Tata Play Rs. 175 binge pack does not include Sony Liv but Airtel XStream Premium OTT Pack provides Sony Liv and many other apps at just Rs. 149. They r not useless apps but extremely good ones which Tata Play is also providing in their entry and mid level binge OTT packs.. Also there is a XStream Premium OTT pack and disney+hotstar combo plan available at Rs.199 in Airtel

Taxes r applicable on all packs, just that airtel black show prices excluding tax on information page while for Airtel XStream OTT Packs and Tata Play Binge Packs final price would have been mentioned.

Coming to ARPU point, all companies aim to improve and Tata Play is no exception to it. A proper strategy is needed to cater to diffferent segment of customers where airtel digital tv currently is ahead of tata play. Even on bigger level airtel broadband + dth combos and individual broadband business / DTH / mobile business of Airtel is performing quite good...Tata Play broadband does not seem to have made any significant impact

Last edited:
Go to airtel thanks app, click on shop tab and u can buy OTT subscription of ur choice..many at discounted rates
Ofcourse, airtel shop has apps at discounted prices... But still Tataplay binge packs are best

If Tata Play is offering no discount on Netflix in combo plans then subscribers can even buy it separately.
Tataplay giving netflix at better pricing
Because for 199p.m. U will get netflix plus all news channels ( includes paid news channel's
And 448 plan includes Netflix 199plan + Binge 299 pack + news channels... Includes paid news channels
Like every netflix packs has savings...
Airtel Black combo plans are already available at discounted price and offer many other benefits which i have already explained
Ofcourse, airtel black plans are good I am not saying they are bad... But airtel giving perks for higher arpu.. Plan excludes taxes... It is their statergy...
FYI Tata Play Rs. 175 binge pack does not include Sony Liv but Airtel XStream Premium OTT Pack provides Sony Liv and many other apps at just Rs. 149. They r not useless apps but extremely good ones which Tata Play is also providing in their entry and mid level binge OTT packs.. Also there is a XStream Premium OTT pack and disney+hotstar combo plan available at Rs.199 in Airtel
Bro, do you think sonyliv is more worth than hotstar + zee5 combined
Ofcourse some apps are useful for some people that's why I only mentioned few apps in case both airtel and Tataplay which are worth for majority people...
And Ofcourse 199 plan is their for hotstar and xstream but at 175 hotstar premium + zee5 + sunnxt is better option....

Ofcourse, airtel shop has apps at discounted prices... But still Tataplay binge packs are best

Tataplay giving netflix at better pricing
Because for 199p.m. U will get netflix plus all news channels ( includes paid news channel's
And 448 plan includes Netflix 199plan + Binge 299 pack + news channels... Includes paid news channels
Like every netflix packs has savings...
Ofcourse, airtel black plans are good I am not saying they are bad... But airtel giving perks for higher arpu.. Plan excludes taxes... It is their statergy...

Bro, do you think sonyliv is more worth than hotstar + zee5 combined
Ofcourse some apps are useful for some people that's why I only mentioned few apps in case both airtel and Tataplay which are worth for majority people...
And Ofcourse 199 plan is their for hotstar and xstream but at 175 hotstar premium + zee5 + sunnxt is better option....

Rs. 149 Airtel XStream Premium OTT Pack offers lot of different apps and is extremely good plan, Tata Play Rs. 175 plan is equally good. Just that they have different combination of apps and Tata Play providing more variants of such packs

Buddy u can urself opt for Netflix Rs. 149 or 199 and Rs. 149 Airtel XStream Premium OTT pack and get the combo at lower price alongwith access to TV Channels which r part of it. Tomorrow airtel digital tv might launch DTH Exclusive "TV Channels + OTT Combo plans" which offer various benefits but i see no major benefit for the same rather on individual basis Airtel already providing OTT packs at low prices and under Airtel Black Plans customers r giving so many things at affordable pricing. Airtel has diversified busness so they will have somewhat different approach as compared to Tata Play in offering such combo plans

You can even go for low priced airtel black DTH combo plans like Rs. 699 or Rs.899 or Rs. 1099 which offer great benefits including access to OTT platforms like Amazon Prime Video, Disney+Hotstar, Airtel XStream Premium OTT pack...remember none of the operators will offer Netflix in entry level OTT packs, it will always come bundled in higher combo plans which offer TV Channels, Broadband & Mobile connections or Netflix will be available with higher individual plans of these services or separate Netflix + few other OTT platforms combo deal will be provided where DTH, Broadband, Mobile plans would b missing.

Why were discussing about airtel 😅
Airtel lacks fav channel arrangement, mtv beats missing so no use of advance ui etc....dth is mainly for watching tv channels if the basic features are missing no use of such boxes!

In terms of ott none of the box is good..rather for ott one should use dedicated stick or android boxes

Why were discussing about airtel 😅
Airtel lacks fav channel arrangement, mtv beats missing so no use of advance ui etc....dth is mainly for watching tv channels if the basic features are missing no use of such boxes!

In terms of ott none of the box is good..rather for ott one should use dedicated stick or android boxes

Been using Airtel XStream box for over 2 years and extremely satisfied with the product. Til now not once i have faced any issue.

MTV Beats is available on Airtel Digital TV and so are almost all other Pay TV and FTA channels hence Airtel Digital TV is indeed fulfilling the entertainment requirements of all customers quite well.

Again u r "wrong" in saying that Airtel Digital TV lacks favourite channel arrangement, we can chose 20 channels in each profile, easily access , rearrange their order of sequence and surf thru them easily. Also most people do not need favourite channel option as even people with somewhat weak memory tend to memorize LCN of their favorite channels after using a DTH or Cable TV service for some duration.

All in all Airtel Digital TV is having all basic as well as technically advanced features across their different box types, is providing all the needed and many more channels, is quite affordable and provides excellent product quality as well as very good service support.

One should not assume that Tata Play is best in everything and just try to wrongfully build a negative image about Airtel Digital TV by self creating negative points which are not based on truth

It's not airtel hd box I was speaking about it's about Xtreme box...mtv beats HD still missing though.
Coming to LCN part, so you say if I watch or surf through 20 fav channels across different genre I will memorise everything easily😂
And how you will teach your old age parents to remember?

Now don't try to defend stating they will get habituated or you will come and change 😂
Fav channels means my fav channels which I watched most , so logically they needs to be arranged serially so that one can switch easily instead of pressing 3 buttons to watch one channel!

Airtel xtreme has this demerit so unless they give dedicated LCNs for fav , big no from my side even majority of the people will agree with me.

So Mr xpert please ask your airtel team to add dedicated LCN , the moment you do this I will be the first customer to move to airtel! Mark my words! Till then airtel tata bye bye sayonara

It's not airtel hd box I was speaking about it's about Xtreme box...mtv beats HD still missing though.
Coming to LCN part, so you say if I watch or surf through 20 fav channels across different genre I will memorise everything easily😂
And how you will teach your old age parents to remember?

Now don't try to defend stating they will get habituated or you will come and change 😂
Fav channels means my fav channels which I watched most , so logically they needs to be arranged serially so that one can switch easily instead of pressing 3 buttons to watch one channel!

Airtel xtreme has this demerit so unless they give dedicated LCNs for fav , big no from my side even majority of the people will agree with me.

So Mr xpert please ask your airtel team to add dedicated LCN , the moment you do this I will be the first customer to move to airtel! Mark my words! Till then airtel tata bye bye sayonara

Dude , read my comments again...u have not understood what i stated and replying on things i have not said.

By the way no need to press 3 buttons to access favorite channels on Airtel HD or XStream box.... HD and SD box have dedicated favourite key on remote while Airtel XStream and Tata Play Binge box lack this key and favourite channels can be accessed by going to home screen.

Also by the way my parents already know channel numbers of their regularly watched channels and do not ever feel need to use favourite option.

As i have in all Airtel Digital TV boxes these favorite channels are arranged in proper order and one can change the sequence too.

You r free to stay with Tata Play and i do keep sharing important feedback with different operators and broadcasters rather than just cribbing or having a biased or anti opinion against any brand or company.

You can keep criticising Airtel Digital TV for no genuine reasons or should i say wrongfully crafted reasons and defend Tata Play even for their shortcomings....truth remains truth and as Airtel XStream boxes r of good quality or overall general service of Airtel Digital TV is again extremely good hence there is lot of demand from customers for the same.

Saiyo Nara, Adios, Tata Bye Bye

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock