Breaking All users will be migrated to new TRAI Tariff by 31st March 2019

11. What if annual subscription charges are paid by a subscriber
in advance?
In case a subscriber has availed any scheme with advance charges paid for future lock-in period like an annual plan the distributor shall continue to provide services for such committed period without any increase in price / charges and without altering the other terms of subscription.
The distributors cannot make any changes that entails any disadvantage to the subscriber in such cases.
However, if the subscriber wants to switch over to a new package after 1st February, 2019 then the proportional balance amount of existing package as on the date of switch over may be adjusted for the new package prices after 1st February, 2019.

This is trai regulation for advanced paid LDP customers. In this statement what they meant committed period. ?LDP due date or Tatasky extend date like February 1st, 6th, 10th. ? Any one knew??

TRAI has given date on 29th Dec. DPO had time then to do phased migration. Then it was extended to 31st Jan

Then additional 6 days were given, now its on 10th Fen.
It's not extended by TRAI. TS has given a deadline to it's subscriber to select plans. New tarrif has been completely implemented from 1st Feb & till 7th Feb it was migration period.
Airtel is clearly saying that new tarrif is in work from 1st Feb & if you have not selected any plan then your pack will be changed to closest recommended pack.

This is trai regulation for advanced paid LDP customers. In this statement what they meant committed period. ?LDP due date or Tatasky extend date like February 1st, 6th, 10th. ? Any one knew??
Committed period means the period between the day of activation of your pack & it's removal i.e it's validity.

Last edited:
It's not extended by TRAI. TS has given a deadline to it's subscriber to select plans. New tarrif has been completely implemented from 1st Feb & till 7th Feb it was migration period.
Airtel is clearly saying that new tarrif is in work from 1st Feb & if you have not selected any plan then your pack will be changed to closest recommended pack.

Committed period means the period between the day of activation of your pack & it's removal i.e it's validity.
Then why ts forced , choose before 10th February otherwise it will be auto migrate to best fit plan. Why ts not follow this Trai rule?

Then why ts forced , choose before 10th February otherwise it will be auto migrate to best fit plan. Why ts not follow this Trai rule?
They're following TRAI rule. TRAI ordered to change the pack by 7 February & they did that. Those who're left & not given their choice will be auto migrated to new plans. Every DTH is doing the same. Airtel has also changed plans of many customers & those who are on monthly plan but not given their choice are now auto migrated.

They're following TRAI rule. TRAI ordered to change the pack by 7 February & they did that. Those who're left & not given their choice will be auto migrated to new plans. Every DTH is doing the same. Airtel has also changed plans of many customers & those who are on monthly plan but not given their choice are now auto migrated.
I’m using ts only. I don’t know airtel some others. Why not following paid LDP rule particular? If they are not follow ncf rule we are happy 😊

I’m using ts only. I don’t know airtel some others. Why not following paid LDP rule particular? If they are not follow ncf rule we are happy 😊
Bro don't worry if you are in LDP. They won't change without your consent unless you've placed a request earlier. Im not a tata sky user but the Airtel customer care guys told me they don't have clear mandate from TRAI regarding LDP's and they will update me once the information is made clear by TRAI to them. But importantly they said that they won't change my plan as of now. I'm sure it will be the same with other DTH service providers too.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock