Alternative for Monoblock LNB if you cannot get it.

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 7,236

Vinay

Reaction score
Many members are either not able to get monoblock lnb or do not wish to buy it due to some reasons.

So we can easily combine two single Ku-band lnbs with a DiSEqC switch and use it to get beams from satellites separated by an angle. Incase of DishTruHD monoblock lnb, the angle is fixed at 4.3 degrees. But this one is flexible in terms of separation angle and look angle.

Cost of this contraption = Rs240 (2 Ku-band LNBs)+Rs150 (4-in-1 DiSEqC switch) = Rs390.
Cost of monoblock LNB varies from Rs400 to Rs650.

For now only LNB pics as I am fitting this on my dish antenna. Later I will post the performance of this with TV screen images and signal details.

esho1.jpg

7eKuT.jpg

b6slN.jpg

RE: Substitute for Monoblock LNB if you cannot get it.

good work vinay ....

Nice idea... but will dish tv stb support diseqc?? is the main question.. Its not a FTA box.. :huh Think over it...

Good find Vinay. One suggestion: Add the DreamDTH Logo in center else Mr. Butt will crop your image and post in that fake forum. :)

Vinay i think dish tv stb's are locked for diseqc.... because in order to use diseqc u have to switch on diseqc from software as we do in Beetel or Solid or any FTA box... but you cant do it from dish tv stb's neither SD or HD stb's... :huh

biswajit.HD said:
Vinay i think dish tv stb's are locked for diseqc.... because in order to use diseqc u have to switch on diseqc from software as we do in Beetel or Solid or any FTA box... but you cant do it from dish tv stb's neither SD or HD stb's... :huh

Zenega CD1004 STB detects this DiSEqC and after peaking on NSS6, the software downloaded after connecting Asiasat 5 via DiSEqC has multi-satellite support.

Have u checked it practically?? vinay... please post pics so that everyone can know abt it... many people are unaware of diseqcs...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock