Anil Kapoor's TV Series 24 to be aired on Colors!

tech_genie

Reaction score
Anil Kapoor gets a channel, Television series 24 to be aired on Colors!

Anil Kapoor's ambitious project 24 the desi version of American series 24 has finally got a channel. As per previous reports, the show was slated on Star Plus but due to budget of the show and some internal issues it got delayes and finally dropped by the channel. Now, the show gets a platform and will be aired on GEC Colors.

A source from the production house confirms, "Anil Kapoor's project will be aired on Colors .The official announcement from the channel and the actor himself will be done today in a suburban hotel in Mumbai ."

hspefl.jpg

The actor is leaving no stone unturned to make this show a hit. He has roped in three big writers to write the show. Also, to keep it more authentic the original writers of 24, Patrick Harbinson was called for inputs and brain storming session on the desi version.

Hope that Anil Kapoor makes a mark with Television series 24,the way he did with his performance in Slumdog Millionare!

:tup

Source: Exclusive: Anil Kapoor gets a channel, Television series 24 to be aired on Colors! - daily.bhaskar.com

Colors channel buys rights of American TV series '24' featuring Anil Kapoor for Rs 150 cr

MUMBAI: Colors channel has bought the broadcast rights for an Indian version of popular American action thriller television series '24' from actor Anil Kapoor in a deal pegged at around Rs 150 crore.

Kapoor, who has also acted in the American version of the serial, had acquired the rights of the same from Fox TV more than a year ago.

His production house Anil Kapoor Films will produce the Indian version, where the Indian actor will also play the protagonist, Jack Bauer. This will be Kapoor's first on Indian television after three decades in Bollywood that included superhit films such as Mr India, Tezaab, Saaheb, Meri Jung, Ram Lakhan and Parinda.

Raj Nayak, chief executive officer of Colors, said this will be a game changer for the entertainment channel from Viacom 18. "So far, content was an area limited financially, which this series will change with its scale, production standards, indoor and large outdoor shoots," he said.

Nayak is confident of recovering his investment with brand tie-in opportunities as well as advertising, but is willing to wait. "We may do a first look of this series like a movie," he said.

The award-winning American TV series ran for eight seasons and aired its last episode in May 2010. It had unprecedented success across 43 countries in eight languages.

India is the first country outside of the US to get rights to adapt the espionage thriller. "We hope this will pave the way for many more local versions of this brilliant series in other international territories," Fox International Television president Marion Edwards said in an email reply to ET.

Unwilling to reveal the deal size, Ameet Naik of Naik & Naik, the lawyers for Anil Kapoor Films, said that Kapoor holds the rights of the 192 episodes for a period of four years extendable to another ten, and this is definitely one of the highest licensee deals for a fiction-format show on Indian TV.

Kapoor said the producers of the US show, will be coming and overseeing in the early stages.

"We have put together a dedicated team comprising of director Abhinay Deo (Delhi Belly fame) and writer Rensil D' Silva who will be writing the Indian adaptation along with Colors, programming team led by Manisha Sharma," said Kapoor of the show that catapulted him to international fame with his role of Omar Hassan in Season 8 of the international series.

Source: Colors channel buys rights of American TV series '24' featuring Anil Kapoor for Rs 150 cr - The Economic Times

you know whats the aim of Anil kapoor only take 24 as a tv series?

His birthday on 24 like me :tup

like him me also notice time to time whats the status of the series which used my birth date but I think its not popular much & not up to the mark :lol

Max said:
you know whats the aim of Anil kapoor only take 24 as a tv series?

His birthday on 24 like me :tup

like him me also notice time to time whats the status of the series which used my birth date but I think its not popular much & not up to the mark :lol

Nice share Max-bro, hopefully it will be a super-hit in India :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock