• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 48
  • Views: Views 7,459

Esmail

Editor, DreamDTH
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
“While television delivers the highest advertising reach for brands, it doesn’t offer sharper targeting. With our targeted ad delivery, we can now split a TV spot into multiple beams, each carrying messages to distinctive audience cohorts, as required by the advertisers," said Harit Nagpal, chief executive and managing director, Tata Play.
“Once the programme goes on a commercial break, we can split it into multiple beams, each can be taken by a relevant brand based on the cut they want, and after the duration of the ads, the beams converge into one," Nagpal explained.

Could not able to understand. Can you explain it more ? I also read the article too.

Could not able to understand. Can you explain it more ? I also read the article too.
For example: Let's say a live cricket match is going on and ad comes after completion of the over. Then, I will see different ad and you will see different ad based on mine and your's interest (multiple beams). Then, as the next over resumes (merge into one beam), all audience will be getting same match feed. Hope you understood now.

For example: Let's say a live cricket match is going on and ad comes after completion of the over. Then, I will see different ad and you will see different ad based on mine and your's interest (multiple beams). Then, as the next over resumes (merge into one beam), all audience will be getting same match feed. Hope you understood now.

How They Will Know Interest Of Different Users?

How They Will Know Interest Of Different Users?
It's not really about personal interests, it's about the area you live in. So say the same match is being viewed by a user in Assam and another user in Gujarat, and some local Gathiya Fafda brand which is available only in Gujarat wants to target only the Gujarat audience through it's ad since it's of no use to someone watching in Assam coz the product is not available there. Tata play has the details of installation address of all it's users so based on the subscriber id it can send a targeted beam with that ad only to Gujarat subscribers and not to those of other states, where it can have the respective local beams of brands which want to target those places.

Last edited:
Can broadcaster will allow these ads?

Can broadcaster will allow these ads?
Everything has to be done with the knowledge and permission of the broadcaster only. In fact it's an add on service being provided by Tata Play to the broadcaster where TP also earns a share of the ad revenue, earlier only the broadcaster earned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock