• Thread starter DTH Fan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19
  • Views: Views 4,029

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Some annoying issues in EVO12 software of Transfer box which irritate me a lot:

1. Move EPG banner to bottom. No other DTH or MSO shows EPG banner on left. Its not the right place to show EPG Banner. Bottom is the perfect place for it. Left side EPG banner covers half of the screen which is very irritating. Or at least make it fully transparent.

2. All screens like channel guide, recorded content cover full screen, they should cover half of screen like previous software. Even "Info" screen now covers full screen which used to take very small amount of screen space in previous software.

3. Having date labels after 12:00 AM in channel guide page is very irritating. Sometimes if we move after 12:00 AM and want to go back to previous entry, it doesn't go back, it shows date labels again.

4. Moving through programs in channel guide is very slower compared to previous software.

5. The most irritating bug is the banner time. If we set it to 1 or 2 seconds, it shows twice and the sliding animation annoys too much. Slide in, slide out animation kills me.

6. The background of play buttons such as forward, pause, etc and language banner is not transparent at all. They should make them transparent.

7. The transparency level of all banners is different. Some are very transparent (which is good) but some are very less transparent. They should make them equally transparent.

8. Moving through Recorded content requires too much of pressing SELECT button now. Since series recordings are now grouped, we first need to press SELECT button to open series list and then press SELECT button to select program and then press SELECT button to watch it. Keeping press SELECT button is too much annoying.

9. They removed Series option from Recorded content page. Now only Recorded and Booked options are available so we cant remove a series recording if its not present in recorded content list. In previous software we can anytime remove a series recording using Series list.

10. In channels guide, the software always selects first entry. If we press Down button to go down in the list, the list starts scrolling and the previous channel disappears from the list. In previous software, we were able to move up/down in the present 5 channels list in guide. It was very handy when a channel EPG was containing movie, etc entry. I always used to select that channel entry as it helped in moving forward in the list more quickly. Now the selection always stays on top.

11. Channels guide no longer shows channel numbers. It only shows the channel number of currently selected channel. In previous software, all channel names were displayed along with channel numbers. It was very handy as we could jump to desired channel in the guide by typing the channel number. Now we have to manually scroll to that channel.

12. There are 2 bugs in recorded content section. First bug is about resume functionality. Sometimes if we play a recorded content and then switch to some channel and later if we go that recorded content again, we don't get Resume option which was always present in previous software.

Second bug is when we are playing a recorded content and a new program is added to the list, if we re-open recorded content screen, the selection is automatically transferred to the newly added program. In previous software the currently playing program was always selected. I have accidentally deleted many new programs because of this bug as I have a habit to delete the program immediately after watching it.

There are many such issues, I can't remember at this time. Please share your list.

RE: List Annoying Issues in EVO12 Software of Tata Sky+ Transfer Box

I just now mail it to Ts team :tup

Yes some future is not there, No reminder option

2 more points added.

Which are email IDs which would be prefect to send this list? Please share all email IDs. Is there any specific email ID of software development team?

agree with u bro....me too dont like the new EVO12 software from first day when I saw pics here.

Sourabhs20 said:
agree with u bro....me too dont like the new EVO12 software from first day when I saw pics here.

My dear friends/brothers,
EPG style not a big problem. And you dont worry about this left side or bottom. The set favorites option should change 0 to 98. Instead of 900 to 949. Then only you can able to set your favorable channel. And also you no need to worry about EPG. You no need to press guide button.

^^ We are discussing here issues in EVO12 software UI of Transfer box. So please share them if you have any.

From my side nothing.
I need only to arrange set favorites option from 0 to 98. They have to update software.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock