Another first from Tata Sky

jdrocks said:
Oddly every time I have had to call a Dish TV tech for signal issue, they have come without signal meter. Less said about Dish TV STB the better. Dish TV was my first DTH and I still use it mainly for the maximum number of HD channels. But once you have used TS or even Airtel STB, you realise how inferior Dish STB is. For one, it takes ages to start up. It starts in advertisement mode and you have to wait for quite some time before you can change to a channel. EPG is sluggish. The list goes on....

But their first setup box (normal one of 2004 or so) was really good and after that problem started...

jdrocks said:
Oddly every time I have had to call a Dish TV tech for signal issue, they have come without signal meter. Less said about Dish TV STB the better. Dish TV was my first DTH and I still use it mainly for the maximum number of HD channels. But once you have used TS or even Airtel STB, you realise how inferior Dish STB is. For one, it takes ages to start up. It starts in advertisement mode and you have to wait for quite some time before you can change to a channel. EPG is sluggish. The list goes on....

me too facing the same problem With Dish TV but still liked because of their channels

superdudebuddy said:
me too facing the same problem With Dish TV but still liked because of their channels

Same here bro,I like becoz of their channels especially HD.:luv:tup

Do not know. May be they were starting and at that time general assumption was that DTH will be used by very rich people only and also they charged for that 7000 rupees for a normal SD box. So with this amount, they must have provide good hardware and later on when they had to slash the cost too much, they started throwing inferior hardware.

That STB never hanged and never got heated and very very stable..

TATA SKY all channels+premium services: 6900(South Mega HD) + 600(SWP) + 720(Topper) + 990(HBO) + 600 (Karaoke) = 9810 anually= Rs 817.50 per month

You can't compare this with others because Tata Sky offers the most premium services and it is the only one with HBO OD service and Karaoke. So, Tata sky is best for premium users who want these services.

But what about others. Many people don't want to see premium or HBO HD channes or VoD or Karaoke. For them:
Airtel DTH : Rs 6490(South Magnum HD) -17 HD Channels= 541 per month
Tata Sky : Rs 6900(South Mega HD)- 21 HD Channels= 575 per month
Videocon: Rs 6485(South Platinum HD)- 26 HD Channels= 540 per month

Here Videocon is better than Tata sky which is better than Airtel(in no. of HD channels).

Users who want all SD packs only:
Airtel DTH: 5800(South magnum) = 484 per month
Tata Sky: 6000(South Mega SD) = 500 per month
Videocon: 4920 + 180(Maa)=5100(South Platinum) = 423 per month
Here also videocon rules.

Videocon D2H is for common users, Tata sky best for premium services.

P.S.-Dish TV has lowest starter packs, but the final packs with all channels are costlier than all the above dth..so it is not included.

Another good thing was we could have added more frequency into it from same location and tune more channels..I do not know what is the status now...

dipayan said:
It's not conspiracy it's the religion of Indian "cricket" which is hurting DishTV as they don't have Star sports HD1 and 2. Unless they have these two on their platform they will always be underrated DTH.

We are talking about rural peoples and you bring Star Sports HD in between Rural peoples don't need HD channels, you knows what is the real picture of West Bengal i m not talking about Kolkata but rural peoples need basic entertainment and Zing is fulfilling it with Rs. 170 p/m with 20 bangla channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock