• Thread starter Thread starter ayanc99
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 209
  • Views Views: Views 36,815
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Any news on addition of Star Sports HD3 and HD4 channels

sudesh said:
guys any one knows when videocon will add star sports hd3 on d2h.

hd3 confirmed bro & hd4 not confirmed bro

RE: Any news on addition of Star Sports HD3 and HD4 channels

sudesh said:
guys any one knows when videocon will add star sports hd3 on d2h.

I Think This Week. ..

Let us continue the discussion on Star Sports HD 3 in the below thread.

Videocon d2h will add Star Sports HD 3 (LCN 408) shortly

And,

Let us discuss about the unavailability of Star Sports HD 4 here.

I checked the schedules of the matches in Star Sports' official website.

There are 13 matches are been scheduled to be shown in Star Sports HD 4 with English commentary whereas the same match will also be shown in Star Sports HD 2 in Hindi language except 4 matches that are going to be shown only in SD in Star Sports 4 and Channel V.

14-Feb-15==>Nz Vs SL
15-Feb-15==>SA Vs Zim
21-Feb-15==>Aus Vs Ban
22-Feb-15==>SL Vs Afg
26-Feb-15==>Afg Vs Sco
28-Feb-15==>Nz Vs Aus
1-Mar-15==>Pak Vs Zim
4-Mar-15==>Pak Vs UAE
7-Mar-15==>Ire Vs Zim
8-Mar-15==>Nz Vs Afg
13-Mar-15==>Nz Vs Ban
14-Mar-15==>Aus Vs Sco
15-Mar-15==>WI Vs UAE

We the D2H users will be missing these matches in HD since SS HD 4 is not going to be added in D2H.

These matches are what cricket fans will be missing.. It is nothing compared to the other sports that we will be missing like epl, la liga, formula 1(starts in march) etc ...

Shadow said:
These matches are what cricket fans will be missing.. It is nothing compared to the other sports that we will be missing like epl, la liga, formula 1(starts in march) etc ...

Yes I agree bro! Cricket viewers are enjoying the same match at least in SD in Star Sports 4. But all the 4 SD and 4 HD channels of Star Sports are fully blocked for ICC Cricket World Cup matches. Only on some days in the middle of the World Cup time, Star Sports 2 and Star Sports HD 2 are going to show some other sports but currently no information is available on the details of those sports.

World Cup matches will get over by 5pm so no epl matches will be missed. As it is they rarely show the early kick off of la Liga and Serie a matches at 4.30 and 5pm unless they belong to real, barca, atletico etc. so don't think much of football will be missed. Moreover all matches are available live online on starsports.com which is much cheaper than cable or dth subscription.

Surprisingly the formula 1 season starts on 15th March and it's in Australia so a morning race. However as their schedule that day there are two matches and all 8 channels are showing cricket only.

I can't understand why d2h is adding a 4k channel when there is a space issue and less no of subscribers and not an hd channel in its place. I am sure there are more hd subscribers at this point of time than 4k potential subscribers. This is common sense.

Maybe when they come to know that english commentary is not being provided on these 13 matches on hd channel they might go and add ss hd 4!!

I sent the below email to D2H, Start Sports. Posted this on Videocon D2H facebook page, left feedback on customer care page and sent message in facebook.

I am Sadiq – a Videocon D2H customer. I am one of the Cricket fan and I always prefer to watch Cricket in HD that too in English commentary (since I don’t know Hindi).

I checked the schedules of the world cup matches in Star sports website.

http://on.starsports.com/cricket-world-cup?utm_source=starsports&utm_medium=television&utm_campaign=CWC

I can see that the below listed matches are scheduled on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD 4 with English commentary.

14-Feb-15==>Nz Vs SL
15-Feb-15==>SA Vs Zim
21-Feb-15==>Aus Vs Ban
22-Feb-15==>SL Vs Afg
26-Feb-15==>Afg Vs Sco
28-Feb-15==>Nz Vs Aus
1-Mar-15==>Pak Vs Zim
4-Mar-15==>Pak Vs UAE
7-Mar-15==>Ire Vs Zim
8-Mar-15==>Nz Vs Afg
13-Mar-15==>Nz Vs Ban
14-Mar-15==>Aus Vs Sco
15-Mar-15==>WI Vs UAE

As I mentioned earlier, I would like to watch the matches in HD since I have HD TV and HD DTH connection from Videocon D2H. But now the channel Star Sports HD 4 is not available in Videocon D2H though it got added in Dish TV and Tata Sky. As per the promos being shown in Star Sports and Videocon D2H, only Star Sports HD 3 is going to be added in Videocon D2H but not Star Sports HD 4.

What do we need to do to watch these matches in HD with English commentary?

I got the below reply from Star Sports via email.

Dear Jahabar,

Thank you for writing to starsports.com

We regret to inform you that currently we do not have any update with regards to the subscription for ICC World Cup 2015. We request you to stay tuned to our website Document Moved for any updates with regards to the tournaments in future.

Thank you for your support.

Warm Regards,

starsports.com Support Team

d2h has no plans to add ss4hd any time soon.. They are promoting world cup on 3 hd channels only...
Very bad move by d2h

Sadiq said:
I sent the below email to D2H, Start Sports. Posted this on Videocon D2H facebook page, left feedback on customer care page and sent message in facebook.

I got the below reply from Star Sports via email.

I did send a mail to Anil Khera on this issue today. I know I won't get a reply from him but just to make him aware that 13 matches will be on ss hd4 with english commentary which viewers of his dth platform will miss due to their non addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom