Arasu cable to disconnect MEDIAPRO channels

me_saket said:
without star Vijay tamil

star tv
zee tv

arasu will be dead in Chennai metro

even small town cable wont run without so many star or zee channels

S , as per reports Arasu has asked for 50% discount from all north Indian channel companies , so it is just a beginning...

Viki said:
What a kind man you are to sacrifice company's profit for Arasu & it's client...I wish you were a Media Pro CEO...

BTW , 50% price reduction is not on the rate card price...It is on current price that they negotiated already...Ex. rate care price is Rs 100 and the current negotiated price is Rs 50...Arasu is asking for Rs 25...

Please go to a sales forum which has top sales people as members and raise the same question with all related details, you would definitely see most of them suggesting a similar point.

TRAI has suggested a huge change in Pay channels price from Jan, without knowing the wholesale price and feasibility Arasu wouldn't have asked for such a huge difference. We will soon see both Media Pro and Arasu agreeing at some point and the channels wont go missing.

Instead of going missing completely its wise to get something and stay in business which is most business peoples view. Yes, others might have different view, every one has his own views.

Media Pro CEO right now seems interesting, Arasu issue is a real challenge for Media Pro and challenges are necessary for business.

Viki said:
S , as per reports Arasu has asked for 50% discount from all north Indian channel companies , so it is just a beginning...

Perfect approach by Arasu, not even 10% of TN people watch north Indian channels so why they have to pay a price similar to what the north Indian MSO's are paying??

The same would apply with south Indian channels in north India where not more than 10% of North India watches south Indian channels and they do deserve a cheaper price.

May be north Indian MSO's need to try this and offer their customers cheaper subscription in return. ;) ;)

Why pay more when only a few watch?

If SCV removes a channel for non payment of carriage fees, its monopoly.

If Arasu does the same, MediaPro should negotiate.

Good One :D

HOUSE-MD said:
Please go to a sales forum which has top sales people as members and raise the same question with all related details, you would definitely see most of them suggesting a similar point.

TRAI has suggested a huge change in Pay channels price from Jan, without knowing the wholesale price and feasibility Arasu wouldn't have asked for such a huge difference. We will soon see both Media Pro and Arasu agreeing at some point and the channels wont go missing.

Instead of going missing completely its wise to get something and stay in business which is most business peoples view. Yes, others might have different view, every one has his own views.

Media Pro CEO right now seems interesting, Arasu issue is a real challenge for Media Pro and challenges are necessary for business.

In every field negotiation is there , but no company will accept for a non profitable price...Before telling me to check in sales forum , please check this in your circle...I am in retail domain for almost 10 years , now I know little more about profit , loss , margin etc in sales...

HOUSE-MD said:

HOUSE-MD said:
Perfect approach by Arasu, not even 10% of TN people watch north Indian channels so why they have to pay a price similar to what the north Indian MSO's are paying??

The same would apply with south Indian channels in north India where not more than 10% of North India watches south Indian channels and they do deserve a cheaper price.

May be north Indian MSO's need to try this and offer their customers cheaper subscription in return. ;) ;)

Why pay more when only a few watch?

All these days you people where praising Arasu for proving all there MediaPro channels :) but now as they are removing you are not uttered a word against Arasu , but says these are useless channels , nobody watches these channels :)

Viki said:
All these days you people where praising Arasu for proving all there MediaPro channels :) but now as they are removing you are not uttered a word against Arasu , but says these are useless channels , nobody watches these channels :)

I have no personal issues with SCV or any other MSO and LCO's aren't my enemy either, but i don't accept removing of channels without a proper reason, channel competition is not a valid acceptable reason for channel removal.

MediaPro - Arasu issue isn't a channel competition issues, MediaPro doesn't own these channels but distributes channels from multiple brands and Arasu has published a proper public notice which is acceptable to a public. And Vijay TV isnt a competition issue as with Arasu as this issue is even larger and involved a whole large set of channels from various other language genre and And there are still 21 days to stop these channels and before that some deal would be signed and these channels would be available as usual.

I referred to non-English and non-Tamil channels which are majority of MediaPro channels, since they don't have much viewers here in south they might have to offer better prices as demanded by Arasu.

HOUSE-MD said:
I have no personal issues with SCV or any other MSO and LCO's aren't my enemy either, but i don't accept removing of channels without a proper reason, channel competition is not a valid acceptable reason for channel removal.

MediaPro - Arasu issue isn't a channel competition issues, MediaPro doesn't own these channels but distributes channels from multiple brands and Arasu has published a proper public notice which is acceptable to a public. And Vijay TV isnt a competition issue as with Arasu as this issue is even larger and involved a whole large set of channels from various other language genre and And there are still 21 days to stop these channels and before that some deal would be signed and these channels would be available as usual.

I referred to non-English and non-Tamil channels which are majority of MediaPro channels, since they don't have much viewers here in south they might have to offer better prices as demanded by Arasu.

When SCV removed something it is just because of competition , but when Arasu doing , it is not...

MediaPro is a distribution company , but which runs it? STAR & Zee!!! Is that STAR and Zee group channels are not TV channels?!

Did we take same stand when SCV or SUN direct given notice to PT? If not , why we are telling they have given 21 days time!!

Very weird to see that some people suddenly started to support SCV strongly and opposing Arasu in this community..:no

For those people, I'd like to say - you're on the wrong side..

You can try to pacify a common man of tamilnadu with 15+ year long monopoly & poor services of SCV..:no

Ultimately, a common man of tamilnadu would feel - It's the time to dethrone SCV and implement ARASU:tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock