Discussion Are there any good free to air Hindi movie channel ?

happy_penguin

Reaction score
When it comes to watching new hindi movies after it leaves the theaters the problem is there is no one single channel that gets to broadcast the movie and I dont want to spend a lot of cash by taking all of the leading channels.

I don't have very high expectations when asking this question but just checking what the experienced members of this forum think about this.

When it comes to watching new hindi movies after it leaves the theaters the problem is there is no one single channel that gets to broadcast the movie and I dont want to spend a lot of cash by taking all of the leading channels.
What are you talking about? Most new movies comes within 4-5 months. For latest movies OTT is preferred. You can also watch latest movies on local channels by your MSO. Those are free and comes within same week as OTT. It's illegal but let copyright owner worry about those. It's not our business anyway.

B4U Movies and B4U Kadak are best FTA movie channels. Although I don't watch FTA channels. I saw Gangstar last night. Even I see famous movies that doesn't suck on its schedule. Also B4U Kadak is doing great in BARC ratings.

And let's not defame pay movie channels. I might disagree with their scheduling. They are spending crores on acquiring and premiering movies. They are keeping the industry alive. If it wasn't for TV deals movies that fail in box office would have caused huge financial distress to studios.

Last edited:
Well Free channels don't have the budget to purchase broadcasting rights from film producers.. They generally broadcast old movies. To watch new hindi movies you have to take premium channels like Star Gold, Sony Max, Zee Cinema, &Pictures, Colors Cineplex etc.

What are you talking about? Most new movies comes within 4-5 months. For latest movies OTT is preferred. You can also watch latest movies on local channels by your MSO. Those are free and comes within same week as OTT. It's illegal but let copyright owner worry about those. It's not our business anyway.
Yes I was actually talking about 4-5 months. I am willing to wait but question is which pay channel to choose.

B4U Movies and B4U Kadak are best FTA movie channels. Although I don't watch FTA channels. I saw Gangstar last night. Even I see famous movies that doesn't suck on its schedule. Also B4U Kadak is doing great in BARC ratings.

Thanks I will take a look at both of them.

Well Free channels don't have the budget to purchase broadcasting rights from film producers.. They generally broadcast old movies. To watch new hindi movies you have to take premium channels like Star Gold, Sony Max, Zee Cinema, &Pictures, Colors Cineplex etc.
Very true. Just out of curiosity which channels have you subscribed to ? Did you take all of them ?

@happy_penguin bro. What's your monthly budget on cable bro? Tell me which channels you want. I will try to make an affordable plan for you.
Okay firstly let me tell you which pay channels I have taken
MTV Beats HD
MTV HD+
VH1 HD
TravelXP HD
Aaj Tak HD
Food Food
Sony BBC Earth HD
Fox Life HD
Sab TV HD
------------------------------------
I pay 210 (total) for the above channels

I have recently added
TLC HD
Discovery HD
Nat Geo HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
----------------------------
My LCO is yet to confirm the total of these recently added channels.

My budget is 300

Okay firstly let me tell you which pay channels I have taken
MTV Beats HD
MTV HD+
VH1 HD
TravelXP HD
Aaj Tak HD
Food Food
Sony BBC Earth HD
Fox Life HD
Sab TV HD
------------------------------------
I pay 210 (total) for the above channels

I have recently added
TLC HD
Discovery HD
Nat Geo HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
----------------------------
My LCO is yet to confirm the total of these recently added channels.

My budget is 300
Your requirement is unique. The Ala Carte you are buying is only way to save money. Try buying Discovery HD's bouquet. You will get Animal Planet HD at same price of Discovery and TLC HD. Also for latest bollywood movies add Zee Cinema HD to your list. Also get 9XO which is free english music channel.

Your requirement is unique. The Ala Carte you are buying is only way to save money. Try buying Discovery HD's bouquet. You will get Animal Planet HD at same price of Discovery and TLC HD. Also for latest bollywood movies add Zee Cinema HD to your list. Also get 9XO which is free english music channel.
Sure I will definitely talk to my LCO.

Very true. Just out of curiosity which channels have you subscribed to ? Did you take all of them ?
Nah... Budget matters. I subscribed Utv movies, Color cineplex, Movies Ok, Zee bollywood, from Ala Carte and Sony Wah, Sony Max 2 from Bouquets.

One more thing is i dont like to watch a whole movie on TV because advertisement takes too much time. A 2.30 hours film takes around 3.30 hours. I took those channels just for time pass. I download movies and watch on PC.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock