Breaking Asianet Plus rebranded with New Logo and now a movie channel

Why? Star was almost going to convert a Hindi channel (Channel V) to SS1 Kannada but it became SS3 instead. Asianet Movies HD is needed desperately.
It's technically possible. But for sake of viewership they will not reduce the number of Malayalam channels at any moment. They will use the shutdown of one channel to promote their replacement channel if they are from same genre by keeping the continuity. Asianet Movies HD is possible and needed, but most of Star's library is old malayalam movies. So I don't know if it will happen as soon as we want.

Actually Star even received a separate license for it 2 years back but because of non-launching it was cancelled by MIB. Anyway my prediction is that Plus will continue for 2-3 months. Kerala viewers may seem like they are not interested in IPL/Kabaddi etc but Star is know to take bold decisions.
Kabaddi league no takers.
IPL (no local team), EPL got good viewership, but no interest in Malayalam commentary.

Also, Star has never shown any interest in a music channel except Star Maa Music. That too, Maa already had a music channel. They even stopped their Channel V after a while. Meantime MTV came up with MTV Beats. Which shows Star won't be interested in any Music channel/
If Asianet music comes, success chance is the highest. Many don't like Surya music due to its 30-35% Tamil content.

Kabaddi league no takers.
IPL (no local team), EPL got good viewership, but no interest in Malayalam commentary.
ISL is still there. As far as commentary is concerned it can happen through talent hunt and Star may have to find some Malayalam commentators. Football commentators are quite good already.

ISL is still there. As far as commentary is concerned it can happen through talent hunt and Star may have to find some Malayalam commentators. Football commentators are quite good already.
I am not stressing on lack of cricket commentators, though it is a fact. More people are comfortable with English commentary for cricket.
Football commentary generates lot of excitement. EPL Malayalam commentary can be experimented

Asianet Movies HD is possible and needed, but most of Star's library is old malayalam movies. So I don't know if it will happen as soon as we want.
See this:
Recently they are converting many movies to high definition,including old movies.Asianet have a huge collection of movies bearing old,new,and blockbusters (nearly 1000)than any other language star network channel.Star had hd movie channels in bangla and telugu.Both the languages have half or less than half the movie numbers while compared to asianet library even hindi too.so expecting asianet movies hd soon.

its not temporary, they will remove the shows from hotstar as well.
also, the channel won't reveal it on its platform, bcz it will reflect the failure of their revamp.
Shows will not removed from Hotstar whether the channel is shut down or not. Because channel V, life ok shows still kept in hotstar for the enrichment of app library.
Also, Star has never shown any interest in a music channel except Star Maa Music. That too, Maa already had a music channel. They even stopped their Channel V after a while. Meantime MTV came up with MTV Beats. Which shows Star won't be interested in any Music channel/
Yes. Maa music was there before acquisition by Star.Otherwise it will not had born.Maa music had popularity in social media and in tv. May be so Star is not touching it.Star's major intrest is on Sports,Movies and entertainment(gec).Thats why they don't had a music channel in Hindi.
Check Monday's schedule on Star TV website :eek:k:: Star India TV Guide for a Detailed Schedule of our TV Shows - Star India
Movie schedules are visible only till Sunday in all TV guides including Star. Star already has Asianet Movie channel. In Kerala its normal to have movie marathon during festive season (Kerala Piravi celebration and weekend).
Kerala piravi is not celebrated much. It lasts only one day like Republic day etc.Though maa had maa movies they converted maa gold also. So existence of Asianet movies is not a subject.
It's technically possible. But for sake of viewership they will not reduce the number of Malayalam channels at any moment. They will use the shutdown of one channel to promote their replacement channel if they are from same genre by keeping the continuity. Asianet Movies HD is possible and needed, but most of Star's library is old malayalam movies. So I don't know if it will happen as soon as we want.
Star Asianet had a huge collection of all types of movies (new-old-very old, flop to industrial hits). Also they can show Kairali's collection.
If Asianet music comes, success chance is the highest. Many don't like Surya music due to its 30-35% Tamil content.
I too wish for Asianet Music. Competition will helps Surya Music to improve.Unfortunately Star is implementing their whole network strategy (no music channels). Instead if they launch channels based on their market shares like Sun-Means Asianet had huge market share so more type channels there music comedy etc., it will be good.
There are many reasons can be found on Asianet Plus transformation
Revamp before some months doesn't worked, no improvement in ratings so they realized that simply putting movies can grab equal or more ratings.
As a part of slowly shut down or converting the channel. Most probably for Asianet movies HD or others(SS Malayalam less chance)
As a precaution against Zee keralam,Instead of spending money and time on Asianet Plus focus more on main channel.

Last edited:
Then post some SS here for your Source.
Bro, there are some limitations for me to post those sources here in a public platform. You can believe me or not. It's up to you. But I can't post those sources on platform. Sorry

Last edited:
Shows will not removed from Hotstar whether the channel is shut down or not. Because channel V, life ok shows still kept in hotstar for the enrichment of app library.
It will be removed from hotstar. Many shows ended uprubtedly. Even if people watching those shows, they won't be able to watch the climax and all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock