Breaking AT&T to merge Warner Media with Discovery

I think the hbo content that are available in hotstar, prime, Netflix will shift

History TV 18 and FYI tv18 is now AT&T asset
FYI TV18 shut down last year. And how come History TV18 will become an asset of AT&T? Isn’t AT&T selling off WarnerMedia? And isn’t A&E owned partly by Disney?
CNN new18 also
No, not AT&T but the spun-off WarnerMedia plus Discovery. But that is only a minor stakeholder. It’s used only for the CNN brand. Ambani and Reliance is the main one.

FYI TV18 shut down last year. And how come History TV18 will become an asset of AT&T? Isn’t AT&T selling off WarnerMedia? And isn’t A&E owned partly by Disney?
FYI TV18 will relaunch soon. As company itself has stated they need break to restructure marketing team.
And regarding A+E network I ment it's programming will be available along with HBO content.

FYI TV18 will relaunch soon. As company itself has stated they need break to restructure marketing team.
And regarding A+E network I ment it's programming will be available along with HBO content.
Anyway, whatever new assets that are formed will have nothing to do with AT&T. Whether or not A&E contents are part of the deal, there is no guarantee that the erstwhile FYI TV18 will have anything to do with it, but it sounds likely, since A&E contents are there on Discovery+. However I am sceptical that FYI TV18 will be relaunched.

History TV 18 and FYI tv18 is now AT&T asset
I think you misunderstood. History channel is owned by A&E network (Property of Disney and Hearst communication). It has no relation with AT&T as well as Discovery.
I think the hbo content that are available in hotstar, prime, Netflix will shift
All deals of Warner Media contents will be called off soon when a suitable streaming app has chosen (existing Discovery+ app or HBO Max- to be launched). But it's not clear what is their plan. This will be a big hit for Amazon that they bear most of the Warner Bros movies. Hotstar will lose HBO shows, but they have the entire Disney-Fox contents+TV shows+ Sports. Netflix has their own plenty of original contents.
3 possibilities are there-
1. Two streaming apps, Discovery+ for Infotainment, News & Sports, HBO Max for Movies and Shows.
2. Merged Streaming app like Disney plus Hotstar - Discovery+HBO max
3. Axe any one and put all contents in one or axe both and launch a new one.

3. Axe any one and put all contents in one or axe both and launch a new one.
Warner media has spent billions on HBO max and are also expanding it to various countries on may 27th during launch of friends reunion. So I think discovery plus will be axed as already discovery head has got good top position in company.

PM7Xkki.jpg
I want investigation discovery new logo on india

I think you misunderstood. History channel is owned by A&E network (Property of Disney and Hearst communication). It has no relation with AT&T as well as Discovery.
A&E section has now been added to Discovery+ app which has History TV18 shows.

A&E section has now been added to Discovery+ app which has History TV18 shows.

As i had predicted long time back, Turner(Warner)- Discovery - Viacom CBS- Sony will form alliance to compete with Disney. Even Times Network might join in to complete bouquet offerings

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock