Breaking AT&T to merge Warner Media with Discovery

What's effect of merger in Indian market for discovery and At & t Company ? Any Thoughts
Post merge we will know. Since Warner media is going for spinoff to form new media. It's unclear what might happen. Few days back indiacast renamed Turner international India as Warner media India for distribution. So probably discovery will be distributed by India cast
And major things would be Discovery kids shutdown and also I'm expecting they will experiment the new streaming service first in India before international launch

Post merge we will know. Since Warner media is going for spinoff to form new media. It's unclear what might happen. Few days back indiacast renamed Turner international India as Warner media India for distribution. So probably discovery will be distributed by India cast
And major things would be Discovery kids shutdown and also I'm expecting they will experiment the new streaming service first in India before international launch

HBO Original Content is best suited to Disney+Hotstar and may continue. Amazon might continue as movie partner or voot/sony liv might b new destination if merger happens

HBO Original Content is best suited to Disney+Hotstar and may continue. Amazon might continue as movie partner or voot/sony liv might b new destination if merger happens
No in less than 1 or 2 yrs Disney +hotstar will loose both HBO original and Showtime to HBO max ( or some new service Warner owns ) and voot ( or paramount plus ) respectively. As Warner media has already retracted all its films from Amazon

I was a little confused by this merger initially, because content-wise WarnerMedia and Discovery are very different. The 2018 Discovery acquisition of Scripps made perfect sense, because their channels complemented each other well in the way of nonfiction lifestyle brands. Some shows that used to air exclusively on Scripps' networks have now become mainstays on Discovery's many channels, and vice versa. The only content that is remotely similar to Discovery on WarnerMedia's side is TruTV, but even that is different. And how can you forget WarnerMedia's major Hollywood film studio and emphasis on premium content a la HBO. In the US, there are many strange shows on Discovery's channels that have aired in recent years (e.g., fake docu-series about mermaids, ghosts, aliens, big-foot, snake eating man etc) as they shifted from real documentaries to garnering the most eyeballs. And TLC's shows glorifying 90 Day Fiancé, polygamy, obesity, and families with many children are also a strange fit for WarnerMedia. As far as I know, WarnerMedia hasn't dabbled in this kind of content thus far. The following are lists of US TV channels of that acquisition, and those of this proposed merger as well. One silver lining is that the new merged company will be separated from AT&T, but who knows how long that will last. :ROFLMAO:

Discovery Communications (defunct 2018)Scripps Networks Interactive (defunct 2018)
American Heroes Channel
Animal Planet
Destination America
Discovery Channel
Discovery Family
Discovery Life
Investigation Discovery
Motor Trend
Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN)
Science Channel
TLC
Cooking Channel
DIY Network
Food Network
Great American Country
HGTV
Travel Channel

WarnerMedia (2021)Discovery (2021)
Boomerang
Cartoon Network / Adult Swim
Cinemax
CNN
The CW (50%)
HBO
HLN
TBS
TNT
TruTV
Turner Classic Movies (TCM)

American Heroes Channel
Animal Planet
Cooking Channel
Destination America
Discovery Channel
Discovery Family
Discovery Life
DIY Network
Food Network
Great American Country
HGTV
Investigation Discovery
Motor Trend
Science Channel
TLC
Travel Channel

Heard That AT&T Will Have Upper Hand In Merger Entity!

I was a little confused by this merger initially, because content-wise WarnerMedia and Discovery are very different. The 2018 Discovery acquisition of Scripps made perfect sense, because their channels complemented each other well in the way of nonfiction lifestyle brands. Some shows that used to air exclusively on Scripps' networks have now become mainstays on Discovery's many channels, and vice versa. The only content that is remotely similar to Discovery on WarnerMedia's side is TruTV, but even that is different. And how can you forget WarnerMedia's major Hollywood film studio and emphasis on premium content a la HBO. In the US, there are many strange shows on Discovery's channels that have aired in recent years (e.g., fake docu-series about mermaids, ghosts, aliens, big-foot, snake eating man etc) as they shifted from real documentaries to garnering the most eyeballs. And TLC's shows glorifying 90 Day Fiancé, polygamy, obesity, and families with many children are also a strange fit for WarnerMedia. As far as I know, WarnerMedia hasn't dabbled in this kind of content thus far. The following are lists of US TV channels of that acquisition, and those of this proposed merger as well. One silver lining is that the new merged company will be separated from AT&T, but who knows how long that will last. :ROFLMAO:

Discovery Communications (defunct 2018)Scripps Networks Interactive (defunct 2018)
American Heroes Channel
Animal Planet
Destination America
Discovery Channel
Discovery Family
Discovery Life
Investigation Discovery
Motor Trend
Science Channel
TLC
Cooking Channel
DIY Network
Food Network
Great American Country
HGTV
Travel Channel

WarnerMedia (2021)Discovery (2021)
Boomerang
Cartoon Network / Adult Swim
Cinemax
CNN
The CW (50%)
HBO
HLN
TBS
TNT
TruTV
Turner Classic Movies (TCM)

American Heroes Channel
Animal Planet
Cooking Channel
Destination America
Discovery Channel
Discovery Family
Discovery Life
DIY Network
Food Network
Great American Country
HGTV
Investigation Discovery
Motor Trend
Science Channel
TLC
Travel Channel
Toonami, tooncast, pogo and warner tv, cartoonito

No HBO content should be removed from Disney plus hotstar I can't pay rs.399 to watch Entourage if discovery and HBO Max merged then all the HBO shows will shifted to discovery and they'll show free

No HBO content should be removed from Disney plus hotstar I can't pay rs.399 to watch Entourage if discovery and HBO Max merged then all the HBO shows will shifted to discovery and they'll show free
HBO shows comes under Disney+ Hotstar premium plan which cost ₹1499 annually. Earlier I was using my sibling's account. The bandwidth consumption was so high. I preferred not to opted for it after it's expiry. The ₹399 plan you are talking about is Hotstar VIP which offers Hindi, regional and dubbed content along with live sports for ₹399. It doesn't offer English content. Meanwhile I am subscribed to Discovery+ for ₹199 using a coupon. It cost ₹299 annually. So, Discovery+ is not free but ₹1200 cheaper than Disney+ Hotstar. It won't be free but cheap.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock