Discussion Audio issues on XStream Smart box [SOLVED]

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 436
  • Views: Views 118,054
The output isn't 5.1, though it shows the same on home theater. You can check this by listening to the rear speakers, if you have those. If you just have a sound bar, it's tough to check. For Netflix, there's no such issue.

My soundbar is a 3.1.2 setup initially. This means it's a 3 speakers (Left, Centre, Right) all towards front of sound bar. The 1 is a sub woofer and the 2 represents top speakers towards either end of soundbar for Dolby Atmos.

Later I got rear wireless speakers making the complete setup as 5.1.2..

Now, we have been watching episodes of Sheldon series on Amazon Prime and I'm able to hear sound from rear speakers. But, I don't know if its 5.1 Dolby sound or nor. Any inputs.. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
My soundbar is a 3.1.2 setup initially. This means it's a 3 speakers (Left, Centre, Right) all towards front of sound bar. The 1 is a sub woofer and the 2 represents top speakers towards either end of soundbar for Dolby Atmos.

Later I got rear wireless speakers making the complete setup as 5.1.2..

Now, we have been watching episodes of Sheldon series on Amazon Prime and I'm able to hear sound from rear speakers. But, I don't know if its 5.1 Dolby sound or nor. Any inputs.. Thanks in advance.
If you are hearing sound from the rear speakers on Young Sheldon, the audio must be 5.1. But I'm not sure how that is possible though, as none of the users managed to get Dolby on Prime Video app in the Xstream Box. Are you sure your connections are correct and you are hearing what you are supposed to hear from the rear speakers?

If you are hearing sound from the rear speakers on Young Sheldon, the audio must be 5.1. But I'm not sure how that is possible though, as none of the users managed to get Dolby on Prime Video app in the Xstream Box. Are you sure your connections are correct and you are hearing what you are supposed to hear from the rear speakers?

If someone can guide me to test anything from Amazon Prime that can surely confirm 5.1 output, I can do it. I can tell if sound is coming from rear speakers or not. But don't know if its 5.1 or not.

My connection setup is like this. Airtel Xstream stb connected to TV via hdmi cable and another hdmi cable connected to TV and soundbar via ARC.

Also I'm facing a weird lip sync issue on Hotstar very frequently. Not always. This happens only on Hotstar app. When this occurs, I generally watch hotstar from my LG TV app where there is no issue. This doesn't happen on any other app on Airtel xtream stb. . Don't know how to get rid of it. Any clues.. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If someone can guide me to test anything from Amazon Prime that can surely confirm 5.1 output, I can do it. I can tell if sound is coming from rear speakers or not. But don't know if its 5.1 or not.

My connection setup is like this. Airtel Xstream stb connected to TV via hdmi cable and another hdmi cable connected to TV and soundbar via ARC.

Also I'm facing a weird lip sync issue on Hotstar very frequently. Not always. This happens only on Hotstar app. When this occurs, I generally watch hotstar from my LG TV app where there is no issue. This doesn't happen on any other app on Airtel xtream stb. . Don't know how to get rid of it. Any clues.. Thanks in advance.
You can check the "The Intruder" movie. That has true Dolby audio. The setup seems Ok, your soundbar supports the rear speakers right? About the Hotstar app, you might want to uninstall and install it. I don't have any such lip-sync issue with Hostar on my box although it's very buggy compared to Netflix.

You can check the "The Intruder" movie. That has true Dolby audio. The setup seems Ok, your soundbar supports the rear speakers right? About the Hotstar app, you might want to uninstall and install it. I don't have any such lip-sync issue with Hostar on my box although it's very buggy compared to Netflix.

Any particular time frame in The Intruder for which I can check directly if sound is coming from rear speakers.

Yes, my soundbar supports rear speakers. When the soundbar is on and the rear speakers are switched on later, they get detected in the soundbar display as 'Rear ON'. Hope this is fine.

As per your connection setup the xstream is connected to tv via hdmi and the tv passes thru audio to soundbar via ARC.
It is possible that your tv is passing thru audio to soundbar in pcm format ( 2.1/5.1) and your soundbar is playing in 5.1 surround.. Details of your tv arc settings can confirm this.
Alternately u can connect xstream by hdmi to soundbar and then from soundbar to tv and then check for 5.1 in amazon prime.

As per your connection setup the xstream is connected to tv via hdmi and the tv passes thru audio to soundbar via ARC.
It is possible that your tv is passing thru audio to soundbar in pcm format ( 2.1/5.1) and your soundbar is playing in 5.1 surround.. Details of your tv arc settings can confirm this.
Alternately u can connect xstream by hdmi to soundbar and then from soundbar to tv and then check for 5.1 in amazon prime.

The hdmi arc settings show the type as bitstream and not pcm for the sound.

The hdmi arc settings show the type as bitstream and not pcm for the sound.
Could u check u r receiving surround sound in rear speaker or All channel stereo.
In surround only exclusive sound will come.in all channel stereo including voice u will get in rear speaker

Had updated on dolby audio settings, kindly check guys
I tried, I'm not getting 5.1 audio in Amazon prime default APK.

I have Sony HT IV 300 connected with HDMI. I'm enjoying true 5.1 DD in Netflix in the default APK installed in xstream android box, but upscaling"stereo" in Amazon prime in default APK.

But, while streaming through mobile, Amazon prime apk in mobile gives option for "enable Dolby digital plus" in setting.. and delivers fantastic 5.1 true audio.

I dropped few mail to [email protected] from 27.6.2920, but reply is expected..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock