Bad experience with Tata Play

amit chavda

Reaction score
I have been a customer of Tata Sky (Tata Play) for only 7 years, but till date they have only done the business of robbing me, I have only 3 technical visits in a year, they charge every time, they also charge the customer for 1 visit. Please do not take a new connection from Tata Sky (Tata Play) because I am very regretful about it. It is good that GTPL and Airtel provide good service and after warranty they give free visit in your life. Never take connection from Tata Sky (Tata Play)

Airtel charges ₹50 for remote delivery and pairing and ₹150 for service visits after warranty period of 12m from activation date for normal customers. Service visits are free only for Airtel Black customers.

For me Tata Play is best. Recently my STB was not turning on and I called technician as it was out of warranty so he know that I have another box also and suggested me to use that only.
He didn't even charged me for Service Visit.

I don't understand one thing like if you can't afford the service charges why did you took DTH connection in first place. Okay if you took connection, contact local Technician if service provider is charging much.
It's not that hard math, I've experience every DTH service. And, one thing is clear DTH companies are not there to bear service charges only because you pay them 300-350/month. Fuel prices are touching sky high, equipment procurement, service engineer everything requires money.

Last edited:
@amit chavda bro use proper capital letters in title where it is require. Like first letter of title should be capital  Bad and also the DTH service provider Tata Play.
Thx

I don't understand one thing like if you can't afford the service charges why did you took DTH connection in first place. Okay if you took connection, contact local Technician if service provider is charging much.
It's not that hard math, I've experience every DTH service. And, one thing is clear DTH companies are not there to bear service charges only because you pay them 300-350/month. Fuel prices are touching sky high, equipment procurement, service engineer everything requires money.
One thing I don't understand. Why 3 visits in a year ? If for same problem, shouldn't they provide service warranty ? If for different problem also, will the engineer not check the conditions of other devices for possible problems in the short run ?

One thing I don't understand. Why 3 visits in a year ? If for same problem, shouldn't they provide service warranty ? If for different problem also, will the engineer not check the conditions of other devices for possible problems in the short run ?
That's the question that thread starter should answer. There is 1 month period after each service visit, if you weren't satisfied with the technician's resolution or issue reappeared then you will get free service visit. Technicians usually do check for all things that might be causing the issue.

Based on my living area, Whatever Brand/product I used, I have to pay for the service charges for their visit. Because my place is 30km out from the small city. So even for free visits, I'm paying for their traveling charges.

In our country, nobody can service free of visits to all over the places. so we have to be concerned about that person's time & work. Beforehand if we could purchase any products, we have to think about maintenance costings and we have to ready bear it.

We have a right to ask/complain about the product & services directly to the company. If the issues still continue, we have the freedom to move any other better services available in our area.

So even for free visits, I'm paying for their traveling charges.
It shouldn't be there if service visit is free! Which are those companies did you talk to them online?

It shouldn't be there if service visit is free! Which are those companies did you talk to them online?
Yes, we tried many times and failed with their timely service due to this reason. however, the service person is not willing to come over 30kms. If I pay they are came and do timely needfuls.

Example: I Ordered the leased internet line to my home and waited a few weeks and no person came on their appointment date. so I keep raising complaints and follow-ups. But finally, they came and told me it was not feasible to do. (Nearby my house also got the same service but not for me)

Big Companies think they can do everything from the top with top-notch service but the lower-end people are not willing to fulfill their service due to the circumstances. so end up losing their customers (Vi Mobile Network also got the same issue)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock