BCCI Media Rights (2023 - 2027)

• Thread starter peter9
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 192
  • Views: Views 38,113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting BCCI rights for TV alone with digital is no use, as tv feed share with DDFD. People will watch the match freely ddfd and jiocinema, so star won't bid for higher price for tv rights.

Getting BCCI rights for TV alone with digital is no use, as tv feed share with DDFD. People will watch the match freely ddfd and jiocinema, so star won't bid for higher price for tv rights.
No one going to bid too much high than the previous cycle like ipl because feed to be shared with DD, half of the matches will be played by India B team, half matches will be against weaker teams

No one going to bid too much high than the previous cycle like ipl because feed to be shared with DD, half of the matches will be played by India B team, half matches will be against weaker teams
Whatever it maybe. I hate monopolies. I want Star to go for TV rights with their sister broadcaster DD. Jio needs to stick to digital streaming.

I read somewhere STAR lost at least 3000cr from their last Bcci deal...they secured for 6100cr approximate last time

Whatever it maybe. I hate monopolies. I want Star to go for TV rights with their sister broadcaster DD. Jio needs to stick to digital streaming.
Jio currently has IPL, WPL, ISL going to own property, La Liga, SA, Fifa etc. So if they acquire BCCI rights it will be a slowly nearing towards monopoly. If you sincerely hate monopoly then let any others to grab streaming rights. Instead you can wish Viacom 18 to buy TV rights. A change in broadcaster is good.

Jio currently has IPL, WPL, ISL going to own property, La Liga, SA, Fifa etc. So if they acquire BCCI rights it will be a slowly nearing towards monopoly. If you sincerely hate monopoly then let any others to grab streaming rights. Instead you can wish Viacom 18 to buy TV rights. A change in broadcaster is good.
Than I hope Star goes for TV rights. FanCode or Sony Liv can go for digital rights. Than there will be fair competition in the market.

I want Viacom to get the rights both TV and digital, so that Star can save money and go for other country rights, currently Sony alone going for other country rights and missing NZ, Ban, WI rights. Star can fight with sony on other country rights,

I want Viacom to get the rights both TV and digital, so that Star can save money and go for other country rights, currently Sony alone going for other country rights and missing NZ, Ban, WI rights. Star can fight with sony on other country rights,
Viacom - Jio doesn't have enough TV channels. I don't see them investing in 4-5 channels for just cricket. TV is secondary for them. They are an internet company. Only Star has enough channels to give us enough of BCCI's content on TV. They are the one that can do justice to first class and women's cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock