BCCI Media Rights (2023 - 2027)

• Thread starter peter9
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 192
  • Views: Views 38,102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jio currently has IPL, WPL, ISL going to own property, La Liga, SA, Fifa etc. So if they acquire BCCI rights it will be a slowly nearing towards monopoly. If you sincerely hate monopoly then let any others to grab streaming rights. Instead you can wish Viacom 18 to buy TV rights. A change in broadcaster is good.
Telcos, Jio or Airtel should get digital rights, Broadcasters can get only TV.

I think Star built their entire network off cricket. ICC and IPL matches happens once a year. With so many #1 channels. Specially with Tamil and Telugu HD additions. I don't see them giving up on BCCI content where they get something new to show every month. I think they should try to get Bangladesh's cricket rights. Timing suits for Indian audience.

I want Viacom to get the rights both TV and digital, so that Star can save money and go for other country rights, currently Sony alone going for other country rights and missing NZ, Ban, WI rights. Star can fight with sony on other country rights,
What do you mean missing NZ, Ban, WI.

NZ available on Prime Video.
Ban and MI available on Fancode

I think Star built their entire network off cricket. ICC and IPL matches happens once a year. With so many #1 channels. Specially with Tamil and Telugu HD additions. I don't see them giving up on BCCI content where they get something new to show every month. I think they should try to get Bangladesh's cricket rights. Timing suits for Indian audience.
Indians are not so much interest in other country’s cricket without Indian players

Indians are not so much interest in other country’s cricket without Indian players
These #1 channels are on base packs. Show them anything in their native language. They will watch. They won't even skip some kid playing with stick and stones in Namibian desert as long as it's available in their native language. That way they can secure exclusive rights of the Indian tours.

Getting BCCI rights for TV alone with digital is no use, as tv feed share with DDFD. People will watch the match freely ddfd and jiocinema, so star won't bid for higher price for tv rights.
BCCIs Media Rights value never going down and BCCI doesn't care about gain/lost money for previous Rights holders or share with DDFD. Viacom18 bid for both exclusive India/Global Media Rights, still Viacom may fail if Sony and Zee getting Rights from other strategic way. Unless BCCIs Jay Shah/Jio not against Star's tactics this time, then Star will looking for Repeat ICC Media Rights and previous circle BCCI Global Media Rights strategies, later splitting Rights and Sublicensing for other media houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock