DDF Exclusive Bollywood Movies TV Premiere Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter SPANDAN
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4,314
  • Views Views: Views 899,558
Regarding ur 2nd point even if any rival platform owns rights of a movie then there is no such way for a TV broadcaster to pay more money than OTT platform to premiere the movie 1st on TV
Don't comment if you don't know about something. It's all about money for producers. There are many instances where ott & satellite rights changed for movies post release. Many times there are ongoing negotiation post release. If tv channel can pay more than ott, tv channel can premiere it first & will also get that 56 days exclusive window.

I’m not sure why Star Gold is creating so much hype around a complete flop like Maidaan. I tried watching it on Amazon Prime, but I couldn’t sit through more than an hour as it was that boring. The film only earned ₹68 crore, despite having a budget of ₹250 crore, which is quite disappointing. Star Gold Select should premiere it for an audience that fits this kind of content.

I’m not sure why Star Gold is creating so much hype around a complete flop like Maidaan. I tried watching it on Amazon Prime, but I couldn’t sit through more than an hour as it was that boring. The film only earned ₹68 crore, despite having a budget of ₹250 crore, which is quite disappointing. Star Gold Select should premiere it for an audience that fits this kind of content.
I loved it when I watched in theatres. The last hour is chef's kiss

Bcoz they have acquired rights and it is a very good movie though it performed not so well at cinemas just like Lakshya, Andaz Apna Apna, Swades, Fan, Laila Majnu , etc

Also there r movies like Tarzan - The Wonder Car which though flopped at box office but was loved by audience when aired on TV as its storyline + universal appeal attracted audience towards it and then there r movies like Hum Tum, Saathiya,,Tum Bin which did exceedingly well in cinemas but bcoz somehow did not get good response on TV as it lacks Star Power and these have stories which appeal to smaller audience base

Last edited:
Not necessary, many movies in which Zee Studio was a producer have gone to Disney-Star too
Not many, it has happened only with King Of Kotha & Maidaan that too maybe due to multiple producers, don't consider movies like 12th Fail (Sony), Ram Setu & Vikrant Rona where Zee Studios was just a distributor

Not many, it has happened only with King Of Kotha & Maidaan that too maybe due to multiple producers, don't consider movies like 12th Fail (Sony), Ram Setu & Vikrant Rona where Zee Studios was just a distributor

Zee Studios was also a co-producer of movie Ram Setu however it went to Disney-Star most probably as Akshay Sir has signed agreement with Disney-Star....also they were also co-producer of movie King Of Kotha.....as i have stated before for such co-productions there r high chances of satellite rights going to rival networks based on who signs agreement with other producer....zee studio would look at expanding revenues thus selling rights is best option barring few instances wherein its own sister network TV Channel might be interested to acquire rights

Last edited:
Zee Studios was also a co-producer of movie Ram Setu however it went to Disney-Star most probably as Akshay Sir has signed agreement with Disney-Star....also they were also co-producer of movie King Of Kotha.....as i have stated before for such co-productions there r high chances of satellite rights going to rival networks based on who signs agreement with other producer....zee studio would look at expanding revenues thus selling rights is best option barring few instances wherein its own sister network TV Channel might be interested to acquire rights
In ram setu zee was just distributor not co producer and in that movie abundatntia entertainment owned the Satellite rights

In ram setu zee was just distributor not co producer and in that movie abundatntia entertainment owned the Satellite rights
Buddy they were co-producers but yes decision on selling satellite rights might be with other producer and revenues which came would have been shared..... Such co production films have varying scenarios as to who owns rights and how satellite or digital rights get sold

Back
Top Bottom