DDF Exclusive Cable bandh begins...

They are not paying full tax. They even do the same with channels providers. Now after new TRAI policy they are unable to do this. This is the reason they are protesting against this. As a customer, it's my right to watch TV because they are charging me money for their services or they should reduce the amount for the days in which they closed their services. This is not a way to protest.
I agree with you. In villages they provide 300+ channels for Rs.200. They must be cheating the government.

I agree with you. In villages they provide 300+ channels for Rs.200. They must be cheating the government.
Mostly they are also doing piracy by sharing Dish TV smart cards via Card Sharing to show pay TV channels from DTH by recharging one card. Now this thing is no more possible. This is why they are now crying

Mostly they are also doing piracy by sharing Dish TV smart cards via Card Sharing to show pay TV channels from DTH by recharging one card. Now this thing is no more possible. This is why they are now crying
This doesn't happen everywhere though. Small unknown MSOs definitely are the major cause for concern. Even 5-6 years back Den in my city was sharing signals from Sun Direct 😂 but they were doing so by showing it in a local channel LCN (smart i know)

They should cable TV system closed permanently. There is no need for this useless outdated technology. Go for a DTH and avail only those channels which are watchable at home. No need to subscribe to useless channels. Just keep ur needs limited and avail the benefit from TRAI new policy. Other than point number 1 all points are useless. If they keep the cable tV close for more than 1 day then everyone should ask for the refund and shift to DTH of his/her choice. I would waste even a single minute if they did something like this to me. This is not only blackmailing to Government of India but also blackmailing to customers.

Most people want to get rid of cable as they face some or other sort of issue on a day to day basis but stuck with it as these cable tv people do not allow dth technicians to enter their locality or even use signal jammers in many instances.

Cable TV operators have been non transparent in operations since inception and they will surely boycott this order citing random things but hiding real reason. They r demanding increase in basic NCF while a decrease in pay channel rates + tax, shows that profit margin is their concern rather than consumer benefit.

It's better that cable customers bear with some inconvenience and support TRAI so that in future they get better quality of service at affordable rates

This doesn't happen everywhere though. Small unknown MSOs definitely are the major cause for concern. Even 5-6 years back Den in my city was sharing signals from Sun Direct 😂 but they were doing so by showing it in a local channel LCN (smart i know)

Quite common practice. Whenever they aren't able to enter into successful contract with a broadcaster and there is an important sports event scheduled to telecast on one of their channels, these cable operators use some DTH STB and relay the same channel on their landing page for specific time slot. Utter disrespect for law.

Cable tv is for poor peoples, cable tv allows them to pay monthly rent anytime, does DTH allows you pay after an hour/minutes/seconds? if your subscription days ends?, do you know how much workers will loose job if they close?

Know the ground facts and then comment, not everyone will afford dth, I remember my family paid cable bill of two month or sometimes three months after no one comes and cuts the signal in the meantime

Remeber cable tv guys only taken the reach of all BIG networks(Sun network popular is mainly driven by them) to all people - you cannot ignore them suddenly

In an age where so many options to recharge account are available 24/7 and dth operator even give emergency recharge facility, still if u r giving this reason to supoort wrongdoing of cable tv then i have nothing more to add.

Cable operators can even offer u free channels or charge 100 Rs. for all channels as they r hiding actual subscriber base from broadcaster and pocketing majority of money.

Why would one wait for 1 or 2 months to pay cable or dth bill. Even if say a poor person isn't able to pay on time to access channels then what us guarantee that after 1 or 2 months he or she will be able to pay amount in bulk.

If u had said that cable tv provides many local satellite or in house channels and it is major USP then i would have 100% agreed with it. DTH can't ever fulfill local content requirement but surely overall experience in dth is miles better

Then simply don't install man because I don't care.

Maybe I am more aware about the ground realities of Cable TV Technologies than you. They are crying now because they have to pay the actual money which they took from all of us but never pay to Government.
Thank you, for saving my time. Bye Bye.

Absolutely. I have seen people living in slums or even in most rural or semi urban areas using dish tv or d2h. Infact majority of dish tv and d2h subscribers belonh to this segment.

Affordability is surely not an excuse for favouring cable tv. Cable Operators r protesting bcoz it exposes the dubious dealing they engaged in for a long stretch.

Oppossing point 3.Point no.2 says decrease Gst to 5%.Then what benefit after increasing 70 rs for NCF and then reducing gst. Currently NCF 130+18% gst=154,As per their demand NCF will be 200+5% gst =210.Total loss for us. So the relevance of first 2 demands will loss. Atleast now those who wish to watch FTA channels have to pay only 154.
Why you guys not supporting point no.4 with which there is no problem for us and will be a help for them. We all are thinking only for us:no2:

Cable operators can even offer u free channels or charge 100 Rs. for all channels as they r hiding actual subscriber base from broadcaster and pocketing majority of money.
Even in 100 Rs, they are not the loss because they are not paying to Government and channels providers. In short, you will be watching TV but illegally ;)

Affordability is surely not an excuse for favouring cable tv. Cable Operators r protesting bcoz it exposes the dubious dealing they engaged in for a long stretch.

They now know they have to pay real money to providers and Government which they don't want to pay. They even resisted against the Digitalization because they know after fully digitization Government can know their actual connections. Even in this they intentionally deactivate few connections before the month end to show that they were having these many connections active in this month ;)

Why would one wait for 1 or 2 months to pay cable or dth bill. Even if say a poor person isn't able to pay on time to access channels then what us guarantee that after 1 or 2 months he or she will be able to pay amount in bulk.

New TRAI rule is more useful for poor people and people with limited viewership needs. In case, if someone still cannot afford a DTH of 150 Rs to 200 Rs then DD Free Dish is the best choice. Even I watch more channels of DD Free than of Dish TV.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock