Breaking Cable Operators signed new NTO RIO after few days of standoff

If cable TV services were not that good, why many people are still stuck with cable and didn't moved towards DTH?
Cable operators are thinking about us and we are happy with them. You enjoy your DTH with lack of channel and keep paying for technical assistance.

Buddy i have said in the past too that Cable TV has many advantages too hence people continue to use them but at the same time there r various downsides which make people shift to DTH Platforms. All i stated was that bcoz of many cable tv operators have over the years still not upgraded their overall service quality to match up with DTH level and now with OTT/Broadband/Smart boxes gaining momentum and broadcasters increasing prices which impacts the segment of people having lower disposable income hence Cable TV is under extreme pressure of losing out on subscribers.

No doubt price increase by broadcasters is not justified in most cases but Cable TV operators opposing it in mostly bcoz they r worried about losing subscribers rather than protecting interests of people. DTH operators r less stressed about losing subscribers hence implemented New amended NTO 2.0 regulations without any delay

I think just because of any problem happen we can catch them at their office and complaint but for dth case people have to compalain through phone no customer to customer physical interaction plus local cable distributor can be your friend circle also which increse credibility

True. But still nowadays DTH operators too address issues very fast and swiftly so that advantage of Cable TV is also somewhat not that prominent now. Even DTH Platform can waive off service / visit charges once u request them

TRAI should make all broadcast operators to make sure that they provide the HD Quality or more Broadcast for every channel (Mandatory). And then implement NTO 2.0 Rules. Without Quality why should people pay more money...??? Every Channel should be HD or above.

According to industry sources, one of the major cable operators of Kerala signed the subscriber agreement on February 22. On February 21, TRAI’s counsel in the case Rakesh Dwivedi told the court that one of the prominent AIDCF members, Siti Cables, has also signed the interconnection agreement under the 2022 regulations. Thamizhaga Cable TV, Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable TV, and KAL Cables are among the other major MSOs that have complied with NTO 3.0,

“It's difficult to manage the business in such pressure situation,” said a source close to the cable federation. Some of the cable operators associated to the federation have signed the agreement, others though are still awaiting tomorrow's court hearing, he shared.

so called legends once said Satellite TV gone in Market and who watches live TV with ads, now same legends more worried about live Satellite TV.

so called legends once said Satellite TV gone in Market and who watches live TV with ads, now same legends more worried about live Satellite TV.

Anna u r right but i request u to please not use such words/terms while referring to such members as this may hurt them r make them feel bad. We can always put our views in a polite manner :)

TV, OTT both will continue to grow in future and have tremendous potential to grow alongwith host of challenges too. How broadcasters / platforms adapt to changing consumption pattern/needs of different set of users will ultimately decide how the growth map is drawn. All i can say is people exclusively subscribing to OTT platforms and discontinuing traditional TV as a medium to consume content will remain to be very low for atleast next 7 or 8 years. Hybrid/Smart boxes of DTH/Cable will continue to gather momentum

Satelite TV is still better option than Digital
(Specially in Live Broadcasting)
Sometimes internet speed is not getting upto the mark
(I mean consistency)
What about sports viewers of OTT converted from TV after NTO?

Hahaha

Lack of channels ? Lol 😆 let’s not even get in to the debate on who provides what No of channels

Technical assistance is provided of very good quality and there is no issues paying if the service is great
Useful and lots of free local channels. If some channel is not available on DTH. It's takes years to get added. Take &Xplor HD or MTV HD as an example. My cable has both. Even low carriage fee attracts International channel. We still have Arirang on our cable. No DTH in the country has this.

Cable is better than DTH and they even replace 90% of hardware for free of cost. Ground level service work can't be matched by DTH Operators. You call them and they send their workers to get their issues post. You can even pay late if you are having money problem. Last year my neighbour had to pay twice for relocation because the agent rushed them and did a poor installation. Despite highlighting same didn't receive any refund or compensation when new agent showed up to fix. On top of that they take feedbacks seriously. Be it with channels and box. If it wasn't for NTO. I would've never moved to DTH.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock