Breaking Cable Operators signed new NTO RIO after few days of standoff

Bad move. Though understandable.
All dth operators aside from Sun are charging full ncf even for fta channels. Around 170-200rs used to get all channels in a language before this NTO era. I support nto for transparency but broadcasters and operators have taken customers for a ride by gaming the system.

Bad move. Though understandable.
All dth operators aside from Sun are charging full ncf even for fta channels. Around 170-200rs used to get all channels in a language before this NTO era. I support nto for transparency but broadcasters and operators have taken customers for a ride by gaming the system.

All operators do have DPO bouquets (account specific / state specific ) wherein lower NCF is being charged. For just getting FTA channels one can subscribe to packs like UDP which r available on Airtel Digital TV wherein customer can get all FTA + even some popular channels with almost 0 NCF applicable though such DPO bouquets r only available on yearly basis but still quite affordable option to watch basic channels .

Also there are various other recharge offers or promotional schemes which can be availed to further lower the spending on DTH/Cable TV bill

ZEE Media (ZMCL) channels still missing from In Digital
Qg6Rt0W.jpg

All operators do have DPO bouquets (account specific / state specific ) wherein lower NCF is being charged. For just getting FTA channels one can subscribe to packs like UDP which r available on Airtel Digital TV wherein customer can get all FTA + even some popular channels with almost 0 NCF applicable though such DPO bouquets r only available on yearly basis but still quite affordable option to watch basic channels .

Also there are various other recharge offers or promotional schemes which can be availed to further lower the spending on DTH/Cable TV bill
I don't care about fta channels. That wasn't my point. The point was about greed. Even the yearly promotional packs are not available across all the players. Also, people like me don't want Airtel because others have better picture quality.

Lower ncf dpo packs aren't really all that affordable either compared to before.

I don't care about fta channels. That wasn't my point. The point was about greed. Even the yearly promotional packs are not available across all the players. Also, people like me don't want Airtel because others have better picture quality.

Lower ncf dpo packs aren't really all that affordable either compared to before.

Such packs r very affordable bro. In Pre NTO days infact u were paying lot more as fee to operators but break up of same was not available to u. Operators used to sign long term agreement with broadcasters and got huge discounts on bouquet/channels which then they gave to us adding their profit margin to it. Smaller operators got less discounts while powerful/bigger ones got more discounts.

All in all NCF kind of revenue system for operators was prevalent earlier too and infact i believe margins which operators secured earlier would be lot more than now. Anyways rights now too most operators r giving discount on NCF in various DPO bouquets offered by them, they need to earn good ARPU so that they can have a financially viable business model, there r lots of expenditures involved in running a Cable or DTH business.

Airtel Digital TV picture and audio quality is extremely good across channels and even on other parameters their service quality is great. Being their customer for a very long period this is my honest assessment. Every operator has positive and negative points hence one has to adjust accordingly, just opt for the one which suits ur need in best manner rather than expecting all things to be perfect

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock