Breaking Cable Operators signed new NTO RIO after few days of standoff

Kindly change the thread title. News is cable operators ink new deals with broadcasters.
Hathway Digital DEN , GTPL, Fastway, NXT digital have signed fresh deals with broadcasters ZEEL, Disney Star and Culver Max based on new pricing with a 12-15 % price raise. Packages are being worked out. Will take at least a month for roll out till then old packages in place.

Credit Economic Times Today.

Such packs r very affordable bro. In Pre NTO days infact u were paying lot more as fee to operators but break up of same was not available to u. Operators used to sign long term agreement with broadcasters and got huge discounts on bouquet/channels which then they gave to us adding their profit margin to it. Smaller operators got less discounts while powerful/bigger ones got more discounts.

All in all NCF kind of revenue system for operators was prevalent earlier too and infact i believe margins which operators secured earlier would be lot more than now. Anyways rights now too most operators r giving discount on NCF in various DPO bouquets offered by them, they need to earn good ARPU so that they can have a financially viable business model, there r lots of expenditures involved in running a Cable or DTH business.

Airtel Digital TV picture and audio quality is extremely good across channels and even on other parameters their service quality is great. Being their customer for a very long period this is my honest assessment. Every operator has positive and negative points hence one has to adjust accordingly, just opt for the one which suits ur need in best manner rather than expecting all things to be perfect
You don't read what I write and ignore the price increases and low quality picture just because it's Airtel. I'm not a fanboy of airtel and we won't agree on this. I agreed with you on many other topics for many years before. So let's agree to disagree.

You don't read what I write and ignore the price increases and low quality picture just because it's Airtel. I'm not a fanboy of airtel and we won't agree on this. I agreed with you on many other topics for many years before. So let's agree to disagree.

I answered all the points raised by u bro. Sure u can disagree with them and opt for an operator which best suits ur needs. Just one request please not use terms like fanboys etc. , u may not agree with my views on above topic but that does warrant name calling or giving any label to the other side

mXXXFmE.jpg

Best if Trai step back to NTO rules
Previously We got all channels under rs.250
well said. iam a Sundirect subscriber when taking mega Pack all channels can be seen. But now Joy, ultimate and premium pack in malayalam replaced. In premium only some pay channels but k tv not.in ultimate All South channels of Sundirect only .it cost 250. but premium 181. Premium is somewhat good.. I prefer only malayalam.

well said. iam a Sundirect subscriber when taking mega Pack all channels can be seen. But now Joy, ultimate and premium pack in malayalam replaced. In premium only some pay channels but k tv not.in ultimate All South channels of Sundirect only .it cost 250. but premium 181. Premium is somewhat good.. I prefer only malayalam.

Broadcasters need to reduce pricing of its channels and bouquets . TRAI regulations have no role to play in price hike. Please go thru earlier discussions we have had in forum for a very long time to better understand the ground reality and get insights into each of the aspects related to what actually has happened since implementation of NTO back in 2020 and what was the scenario before that alongwith factual reasoning for the same

Hey guys, is it true that the new NTO rule coming into effect from 1st April on Siti, GTPL, etc. ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock