Breaking Cable Operators signed new NTO RIO after few days of standoff

Completely agree with you on this. You can not stop the inevitable. Where the DTH counterparts have already agreed and implemented the same. If consumers are loosing their entertainment, then the MSO is gonna loose subscribers too.
DTH operator and MSO have different customer base and DPO like TATA play with huge customers can ask volume discounts from broadcasters, but multiple MSOs can’t do

The pricing system itself is to be blamed. Ala carte price then addition to it NCF and above it 18% GST makes it intolerable.
NCF system is worst thing. For someone who watches 1 channel or 100 channels it's just same. 👀

So, greedy broadcasters have formed greedy packs too.😇
Star value packs are bundled with SS1,2,3 & SS First too. If I don't wanna see those then I don't have any regional specific package to opt for.

Kerala vision

nU9D0qk.jpg

Den

XSQ4niA.jpg

Last edited:
Completely agree with you on this. You can not stop the inevitable. Where the DTH counterparts have already agreed and implemented the same. If consumers are loosing their entertainment, then the MSO is gonna loose subscribers too.
Look at this way cable mostly caters to lower middle class who are willing to take lower quality product for a lesser price and are also price conscious. Price hike directly affects them whereas private DTH caters to upper middle class who will complain about the pricing but still wouldn't sacrifice when it comes to entertainment. This is why cable has so many free local channels whereas DTH has service and pay per view channels too.

Look at this way cable mostly caters to lower middle class who are willing to take lower quality product for a lesser price and are also price conscious. Price hike directly affects them whereas private DTH caters to upper middle class who will complain about the pricing but still wouldn't sacrifice when it comes to entertainment. This is why cable has so many free local channels whereas DTH has service and pay per view channels too.
This is completely required for the industry to survive, especially cable when they are catering a large price sensitive market.

This is completely required for the industry to survive, especially cable when they are catering a large price sensitive market.
This entire NTO itself is such a disaster. Usually changes leads to growth of any industry. It's been 4 years. All I see is decline and failure. At the end of the day failure will be blame on growth of broadband adaption which is only half true. Many cut cord because they couldn't afford cable or atleast wanted to save some bucks on secondary connection.

Earlier in the past, the Chairman of TRAI told us that they are bringing the NTO in which we have to pay only for those channels which we want to watch. But it is going in the way that how much we pay, the channels will we watch accordingly. So, according to this, we were watching more channels in the past at the same price as compared to now.
Where is he now ? India wants to know. 🫵😠

This entire NTO itself is such a disaster. Usually changes leads to growth of any industry. It's been 4 years. All I see is decline and failure. At the end of the day failure will be blame on growth of broadband adaption which is only half true. Many cut cord because they couldn't afford cable or atleast wanted to save some bucks on secondary connection.
The NTO concept is good bro. More importantly it gives the choice to customers. Before NTO, if we want a particular channel we need to opt for a higher DPO pack. Not even broadcaster bouquet. But, I agree that the implementation of NTO 1 was a disaster. The new NTO was supposed to correct the flaws of the original. This time TRAI also consulted with all the stakeholders which included broadcasters also. There were under reporting also before NTO which lead to revenue leakages to broadcasters. Which is resolved to a greater extent now. Cable operators are also against broadcasters only this time. I don't know what more TRAI can do on this. But every change is leading to a price hike. Broadcasters are getting greedy day by day and they are also switching their concentration from TV to OTT. Only time can tell what's going to happen.

Earlier in the past, the Chairman of TRAI told us that they are bringing the NTO in which we have to pay only for those channels which we want to watch. But it is going in the way that how much we pay, the channels will we watch accordingly. So, according to this, we were watching more channels in the past at the same price as compared to now.
Where is he now ? India wants to know. 🫵😠
As per chairman everything is fine until broadcaster cahrged mendetory ncf

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock