Discussion Cheapest option to view IPL on Star Network

• Thread starter TJ_DJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 189
  • Views: Views 21,739
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you sure for airtel SIM ? FAQ says BCCI tournaments is not covered for airtel SIM users

I am a Jio or Airtel user. What videos are available to me in the premium catalogue?
Jio and Airtel users get access to live sports (Airtel users will need to purchase Sports pack to access BCCI tournaments), prime time episodes and select Indian movies for free. If you are a Jio or Airtel user, you will need a Hotstar membership to watch premium English content.

Last edited:
Only for Jio Free.. In Airtel it'll be blocked mostly so need subscribtion for that :ok2:

Only for Jio Free.. In Airtel it'll be blocked mostly so need subscribtion for that :ok2:
I've seen a ad of Hotstar VIP in which it was shown that VIP customers will get access to all movies, shows before everyone i.e. from 6am & all Jio & airtel users are already able to see at 6am.
So, isn't sports is also free for airtel? :huh:

There are some more gossips regarding telecasting IPL 2019 by Star Group that from IPL Playoffs all matches with Pre-Post Show will also be simulcast on the followings:-
1.Star Utsav
2.Star Utsav Movies
3.Movies OK
4.Star Sports First

and only the Super FINAL on
1.Star Plus (SD + HD)
2.Star Jalsha (SD + HD)
3.Star World (DugOut Spl) (SD + HD)

Only Star Bharat (SD + HD) left as of now.

But no Final Decision have released from SIPL so let's watch till the Play Offs.

I subscribed to both STAR SPORTS1 HD & STAR SPORTS SELECT 1 HD. After over completion I switch channel to Select 1 HD and after match resumes back to STAR SPORTS1 HD.

Couldn't bear being stormed by hundreds of ads nonstop on STAR SPORTS1 HD and Studio commentary is the worst thing that can happen to cricket broadcasting. The commentators sitting in a studio in Mumbai for a match taking place in chennai can have no idea of the electric atmosphere on the ground ,they cannot feel the crowd energy ,they have zero knowledge of what was happening on the field until & unless the camera points to that situation ,they are unaware any drama unfolding during the match ,they couldn't study the players emotions ,couldn't identify field placements & changes . They wouldn't even know if the ball hit by a batsmen will go for a boundary or straight into the hands of a fielder like us.

All of these things matter while commentating and the difference was evidently felt during the last IPL. The studio commentary lacks energy,punch and is dull among other things. And most importantly it doesn't feature Harsha Bhogle .

Free Preview started for ADTV users, the following channels are on free preview for ADTV:

277 Star Sports 1
278 Star Sports 1 HD
281 Star Sports 1 Hindi
282 Star Sports 1 HD Hindi

Free Preview started for ADTV users, the following channels are on free preview for ADTV:

277 Star Sports 1
278 Star Sports 1 HD
281 Star Sports 1 Hindi
282 Star Sports 1 HD Hindi
Airtel giving Regional Sports channels also

Tatasky giving Free Preview for only Regional sports channels

Last edited:
Airtel giving Regional Sports channels also

Tatasky giving Free Preview for only Regional sports channels
Except SS 1 Ts giving all regional channels where as ADTV giving only SS1 n Hindi 1 including HD feeds :ok2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock