Discussion Cheapest option to view IPL on Star Network

• Thread starter TJ_DJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 189
  • Views: Views 21,429
Status
Not open for further replies.
wider reach which will give them 2100 crore ad revenue ;)
To get more AD revenue
They want to earn more from Ads by broadcasting on many channels :ok2: IPL Play-off will be broadcasted in 30+ star Channels is expected :lol:
They have paid huge money for broadcasting IPL. If all watch IPL then they will get huge revenue. I think you guys should stick to one channel. Don't watch IPL in multiple channels.
In the end they will end up giving up premium Audi ads on flagship sports channels for Zandu balm ads on regional channels.

Big CBS Love, Big CBS Spark and Big CBS Prime use to air same content at the same time during 2012. All the channels had to shut down in 2013.

In the end they will end up giving up premium Audi ads on flagship sports channels for Zandu balm ads on regional channels.

That's why it's called personalised targeted ads, rural people are very unlikely to buy an audi whereas urban premium are unlikely to buy Zandu balm, and we often call India as Australia sitting on top of Africa so as a broadcaster you need to take care both kinds of people

Last edited:
That's why it's called personalised targeted ads, rural people are very unlikely to buy an audi whereas urban premium are unlikely to buy Zandu balm
Premium brands will premium price for shows with less viewer?

Premium brands will premium price for shows with less viewer?

Take Apple and Xiaomi, one operate on high profit margin per sale and other totally depends on high sales volume as profit per sale is so small. Apple can make 500 USD profit on a single sale of iphone but to achieve same profit Xiaomi needs to sell thousands of Redmi phones.

So if you are apple you would not mind less viewership

Last edited:
Take Apple and Xiaomi, one operate on high profit margin per sell and other totally depends on high sales volume as profit per sell is so small. So if you are apple you would not mind less viewership
That's comparing apple with rotten apples (Xiaomi). Rotten apples are cheaper but will give diarrhea to your phone with ads in future will make money from you than Apple ever will.

I don't get your facts about less viewership. If I am Nike, Coca Cola, Pepsi etc. I advertise for my brand value not exposure. But you (Star) are taking that away from me or ripping me off by forcing me to advertise on your regional channels. And for targeted ads their is always another flagship called 'Star Sports 1 Hindi.' Utilize it.

Star is digging their own grave by discouraging users from buying your their channels by airing same content on 30 channels. Cutting all the bulls#it aside which doesn't affect me. I hope they spare Nat Geo Wild and Baby TV atleast from IPL broadcast.

Last edited:
That's comparing apple with rotten apples (Xiaomi). Rotten apples are cheaper but will give diarrhea to your phone with ads in future will make money from you than Apple ever will.

I don't get your facts about less viewership. If I am Nike, Coca Cola, Pepsi etc. I advertise for my brand value not exposure. But you (Star) are taking that away from me or ripping me off by forcing me to advertise on your regional channels. And for targeted ads their is always another flagship called 'Star Sports 1 Hindi.' Utilize it.

Star is digging their own grave by discouraging users from buying your their channels by putting airing same content on 30 channels. Cutting all the bulls#it aside which doesn't affect me. I hope they spare Nat Geo Wild and Baby TV atleast from IPL broadcast.

I am neither marketing expert nor a guy who have seen the agreement so i cannot tell whether Star is taking something away from advertisers or not. So rest my case

I have subscribed sports HD hindi
Is it enough to cover all mtches??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock