Discussion Cheapest option to view IPL on Star Network

• Thread starter TJ_DJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 189
  • Views: Views 21,429
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont rush and add SS/SSS channels to your subscription. Let Star Network feel the heat where nobody is buying their exorbitant priced channels/packs. Try to watch on your phone/computer for first 2-3 matches and see the reaction from Star :D

Dont rush and add SS/SSS channels to your subscription. Let Star Network feel the heat where nobody is buying their exorbitant priced channels/packs. Try to watch on your phone/computer for first 2-3 matches and see the reaction from Star :D
Even if Star does feel the heat and reduce price, it will take not less than a month for DPOs to implement the new price. By that time, IPL will be mostly over!

Even if Star does feel the heat and reduce price, it will take not less than a month for DPOs to implement the new price. By that time, IPL will be mostly over!
Is it mandatory to have a 1 month gap before price revision gets into effect - as in, is this some TRAI rule OR just a buffer given to operators so that they can do the necessary changes??

Remember, even DPOs will be under pressure to give the channel at revised price if star publishes ads everywhere of the reduced rates as customers will start asking for it!! BTW where there is a will, there is a way!!

y cant they ask all mso and dth to give it free until ipl gets over...

Is it mandatory to have a 1 month gap before price revision gets into effect - as in, is this some TRAI rule OR just a buffer given to operators so that they can do the necessary changes??

Remember, even DPOs will be under pressure to give the channel at revised price if star publishes ads everywhere of the reduced rates as customers will start asking for it!! BTW where there is a will, there is a way!!
If I'm not wrong, RIO needs to be signed again and it takes a month for that. They can speed up the process, but it still takes time. Star can't advertise reduction of prices immediately to put pressure on DPOs, it doesn't work that way.

The commentary on SS1is International feed by BCCI.
On SSS1, it is customize feed for Indian cricket lovers with minimum ads with detailed analysis about bowler, batsmen, match etc.
In my view, subscribe to sss1.

The commentary on SS1is International feed by BCCI.
On SSS1, it is customize feed for Indian cricket lovers with minimum ads with detailed analysis about bowler, batsmen, match etc.
In my view, subscribe to sss1.
Don't write words like detailed analysis here. Or you might be also labelled as English speaking show off. 😂😂😂
PS I also loved the dugout feed on Select 1. Thing is I can't enjoy cricket without crowd noise. If Star optimizes crowd noise on studio commentary like Sony did during India tour of Australia. It will be perfect. Also as an Indian I don't enjoy cricket without ads as I am use to ads since as a child.

Last edited:
That's comparing apple with rotten apples (Xiaomi). Rotten apples are cheaper but will give diarrhea to your phone with ads in future will make money from you than Apple ever will.

I don't get your facts about less viewership. If I am Nike, Coca Cola, Pepsi etc. I advertise for my brand value not exposure. But you (Star) are taking that away from me or ripping me off by forcing me to advertise on your regional channels. And for targeted ads their is always another flagship called 'Star Sports 1 Hindi.' Utilize it.

Star is digging their own grave by discouraging users from buying your their channels by putting airing same content on 30 channels. Cutting all the bulls#it aside which doesn't affect me. I hope they spare Nat Geo Wild and Baby TV atleast from IPL broadcast.
Wouldn't it be good for consumers if they broadcast on Baby Tv ? Consumers will have to pay Re.1/- only.

It's an order from TRAI. Every broadcaster has to give information 30 days before making any changes in bouquets, channel's price, genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock