Chennai DAS Updates.

Today i saw ad in VTV (local channel in VK analog).
Adirathi vilai kuraippu - VK HD STB only for Rs. 499. Reach out to your local cable operator and register with Rs.200.

No matter how much cheaper the MSO offers the STB, LCO's will always find a way to loot. If MSO offers HD STB at Rs 500, then LCO's will collect atleast Rs 300 additional so mostly HD STB will be sold at Rs 800 or 900 based on the LCO's greed.

Unless TRAI stipulates MSO's to place an MRP on both STB and package pricing its hard to control these LCO's from looting from the public. If MRP is applied then the MSO has to publicly announce/publish the product cost and public wont pay anything more than Rs 100 as connectivity or handling charge for STB and Rs 50 max for additional monthly subscription.

Even for 5 Rs biscuit pack there is a bill and tax details, but for Rs 120 (Rs 250 - 300 on DAS) paid every month (per year its Rs 1,440 for analogue and Rs 3,000 to 3,600 for DAS) LCO's never produce a bill.

Hope TRAI mandates MSO's to directly collect the subscription via online payments or LCO's collect via proper computerised bills so both the people and government have the knowledge of the actual pricing and collection and people can also include these bills as expense on tax returns.

Seeing an ad in the Tamil tv.
TSCOA (tamil nadu state cable operator association) thuvakka vizha tomorrow 10 am at parrys chennai

So they are starting an association to demand certain special rights from Arasu so they can signup with them for Chennai DAS.

@HOUSE-MD Bro will the arasu digital stb available within august in villages and towns??.or will it be available only in cities.

Looking at the speed i think it might take till Dec to procure & supply STB. About villages and towns, it looks promising that even if its late Arasu will deliver STB, Only in Chennai SCV & TCCL are offering free STB so we are unsure what Arasu plans to do.

Looking at the speed i think it might take till Dec to procure & supply STB. About villages and towns, it looks promising that even if its late Arasu will deliver STB, Only in Chennai SCV & TCCL are offering free STB so we are unsure what Arasu plans to do.
ok bro. but if they didn't launch on august their license will be cancelled right?

ok bro. but if they didn't launch on august their license will be cancelled right?
No idea, all depends on TRAI. Mostly they will start delivering by Aug (completion might extend till Dec) so not much an issue i think.

Today I enquired my lco about das. He said for 350 new box, no info about 3 months subscription. But basic Tamil pack price is fixed at 140 by my lco. So I am going to change to this pack from p3. Any suggestions ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock