Clarity of SD channels in HD STB

• Thread starter punker
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 5,460

punker

Reaction score
I have sundirect HD stb..The HD channels clarity are outstanding but SD channels look blurry and grainy..Especially star vijay and zee tamil looks horrible..How to fix it?Is it me or every sun users faces this problem?

Friend it is not the fault of HD-STB ,STB has to show what it take from the in put ok, Some time the SD channel are very close to PQ of HD and some time the Recorded contents are very Rough so you see the same as it was produced.

For Example: There are some channels in Insat4A at 83*East on 3805 H 28500 freq. and those channels are worst in Indian History means those channels are in 3GP Format which is used in mobiles,You can Imagine how dull picture quality that would be....

So jenius,.am also having hd connection , most of the sd channels are poor picturequality as stated above,.so sun is doing anything for this issue.?

Dipupt said:
So jenius,.am also having hd connection , most of the sd channels are poor picturequality as stated above,.so sun is doing anything for this issue.?
Dear I don't have sun connetcion so can't say about that, But I had some SD channels if we see them through HDMI cable then it is difficult to say whether it is HD or SD..:lol

Has i said before and wasted alot of my time by explaining to some stupid members of Dreamdth but to respect i have a big respect for them from deep of my heart that Hdmi spoils the PQ of some SD channels but none of them agreed with me bcoz i my self have tested it personally on a 32 inch led tv where has the picture of SD channels with a Av cable looked much better than with a hdmi cable bcoz has i said before Hdmi is a cable which is designed just to play MP4 format which means in HD but SD channels are MP2 channels so Hdmi tries to convert that MP2 to MP4 hd or we can say it tries to upscale the SD channel to Hd but it goes in the opposite direction instead of improving the PQ it makes the PQ worse. Has this is a common problem in satellite forums on internet not only in India but in many parts of the world many peoples who started to use HD box with Hdmi have faced the same problem.

DishHD said:
Has i said before and wasted alot of my time by explaining to some stupid members of Dreamdth but to respect i have a big respect for them from deep of my heart that Hdmi spoils the PQ of some SD channels but none of them agreed with me bcoz i my self have tested it personally on a 32 inch led tv where has the picture of SD channels with a Av cable looked much better than with a hdmi cable bcoz has i said before Hdmi is a cable which is designed just to play MP4 format which means in HD but SD channels are MP2 channels so Hdmi tries to convert that MP2 to MP4 hd or we can say it tries to upscale the SD channel to Hd but it goes in the opposite direction instead of improving the PQ it makes the PQ worse. Has this is a common problem in satellite forums on internet not only in India but in many parts of the world many peoples who started to use HD box with Hdmi have faced the same problem.
Whats your problem man and mind your language ???:huh

jenius-jatt said:
Whats your problem man and mind your language ???:huh

Excuse me Mr. Jatt did i said anything you and do i know you. Now i dont know even who you are then how will i have problem with you. Check all letters in my that reply is any were in that reply anything is mentioned about you. Plz now this is insane first try to own some respect to get some respect Mr. Jenius. :u :dodgy

Yup all the sd channels are 480pixels but hd stb converts to 1080p tats why clarity is poor.Even in normal sundirect sd dth when yoy hook it up with component cable clarity becomes worse as conponent converts it to 1080i..But in sun hd stb some sd channels looks like hd such as vh1,suntv,tensports..But mainly star vijay and zee tamil has worst clarity..The channels which has sundirect watermark are outstanding and channels which doesnt have watermark are poor..i think those are shared from bigtv..But what sun can do is upscale all channels to hd and transmit it rather than make stb to upscale it..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock