Clarity of SD channels in HD STB

• Thread starter punker
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 18
  • Views: Views 5,464
You guys remember the glitch of insat 4B satellite..It led to a huge downfall for sundirect..Now it has very less tp space as it shares measat satellite from bigtv and that is why not many channels are added in sun and also only 10hd channels..Does anyone agree with this?

@DighHD..I got the technical things that u explained above but if u have some knowledge.
@Punker Thanks for the clarification and liked ur suggestion because those people who bought HD connection watching almost low quality sd channels.Sun has to really look into this issue seriously.

@Dipupt It is not actually the low clarity..We are seeing sd channels in 1080i..See in sd channels there are only 480lines of pixels but when it is seen through hdmi it is upscaled to 1080i ie 1080 lines of pixels.so there are many pixels missing from the original sd content which has only 480p but when upscaled to 1080i loses its original quality and there are many pixels missing.Thats why picture quality is grainy.Have you seen sundirect sd channels in normal crt tvs??Its way better than ultra hdtv in displaying sd content as it is designed for sd..But it cannot come anywhere near to hd content!!

But maybe in few years or so we may get all channels in 1080p hd and few channels in 4k or even 8k.But technological development is slow in India..Lets see..ok.What about other dth companies?How is the sd content in hd stb??

@punker..agreed I have seen sun sd chanells in normal connection and saw dvd quality.But if we are paying extra for hd connection and seeing these quality...its very desperate thing..is th e same issue in airtel hd and reliance hd?

@jenius Read my replies properly.As I said earlier there are few sd channels which are like hd quality.But some channels are still in old format ie. 4:3 format which still looks grainy when seen through hd stb..

punker said:
@jenius Read my replies properly.As I said earlier there are few sd channels which are like hd quality.But some channels are still in old format ie. 4:3 format which still looks grainy when seen through hd stb..
Yes you are right and I already mention that it depends in what & which format + Resolution the contents are being Recorded .So as the in put you will get the same out put. I never support those channels which are being up scaled,Naturally the modified or up scaled SD channels will be blur or grainy etc.

Click the link for pictures:-

https://dreamdth.com/community/threads/pics-sd-channels-clarity-in-hdmi-cable.31021/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock