Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
So One of the cruel & money minded attack by broadcasters on their so called beloved subscribers in recent decade..

I strongly condemn this "pay per channel" scheme forcibly imposed on Indian people..

If I opt for 200+ pay channels, I've to pay around Rs.900 - 1000.
For the same, I used to pay Rs. 550 only in bouquet..

Who know, in future, these crabs would ask us to pay for
"pay per day" or "pay per view" or "pay per hour" or "pay per show" model???
:mad:
:mad::mad::mad:

So One of the cruel & money minded attack by broadcasters on their so called beloved subscribers in recent decade..

I strongly condemn this "pay per channel" scheme forcibly imposed on Indian people..

If I opt for 200+ pay channels, I've to pay around Rs.900 - 1000.
For the same, I used to pay Rs. 550 only in bouquet..

Who know, in future, these crabs would ask us to pay for
"pay per day" or "pay per view" or "pay per hour" or "pay per show" model???
:mad:
:mad::mad::mad:
They are advertising it to look like its for customers’ benefit but on close scrutiny they stand exposed on how they intend to loot customers and promote pathetic DD channels.

Majority of the people in India are running hard to earn their next day food, literally...

Many people in rural areas are still illiterate & not afford to pay even Rs.140 per month for TV viewing..

Only entertainment of TV viewing for rural people is curbed atlast by Government of India..

Already mobile operators are imposed a mandatory recharge of Rs.35 every month for an idle mobile phone..

Adding all, On this New year day, I'm facing blackout here..

So, Only way to show my protest on this move by TRAI is...
"DON'T RECHARGE"😱😱😱

What will happen to jiotv??? Will it be free as promised??? I am on 1699 1year Jio plan...if free I will throw TS...will use jiotv on TV with broadband...

Last edited:
@WizarD is saying TRAI should have done it differently through those points he gave. For instance, he's saying it would have been better if TRAI fixed a per channel NCF and no limit on it instead of fixing 130 per 100 channels upper limit.
TRAI must clarify how and why they decided this magic number of ₹130+18% & then left rest of pricing mechanism on Channels ?
This question is more important when we have less than ₹100 plans offered by various DTH service providers ?
We can demand that TRAI should have imposed a limit of amount a DTH or Cable system can charge from subscriber but instead they started with high base rate with ample scope of billing if you are a multilingual viewer .

TRAI must clarify how and why they decided this magic number of ₹130+18% & then left rest of pricing mechanism on Channels ?
This question is more important when we have less than ₹100 plans offered by various DTH service providers ?
We can demand that TRAI should have imposed a limit of amount a DTH or Cable system can charge from subscriber but instead they started with high base rate with ample scope of billing if you are a multilingual viewer .
130 is the upper limit. Nobody is stopping the DPOs from providing 99 plan like before.

Best thing can be like this as of now with ur respective language..

We need to pay 130 for 100 feeds and if we take north india based packages of star, sony, colors, zee, and discovery etc, it will cost around 180 or so and number of feeds will be around 75 and 25 feeds of DD in those 100 and no needs to take free to air and our bill be around 350 and if they gave discount it may come back to 300 or so.

But yes for HD we need to pay more!!

Above is a rough idea!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock