Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing can be like this as of now with ur respective language..

We need to pay 130 for 100 feeds and if we take north india based packages of star, sony, colors, zee, and discovery etc, it will cost around 180 or so and number of feeds will be around 75 and 25 feeds of DD in those 100 and no needs to take free to air and our bill be around 350 and if they gave discount it may come back to 300 or so.

But yes for HD we need to pay more!!

Above is a rough idea!!
Right now I'm paying ₹69 for popular HD pack + All Sports HD pack @₹99 + Non stop pack @ ₹1182 for 3 yrs (₹35/month approx). Which is much lower than this new tarrif.

Right now I'm paying ₹69 for popular HD pack + All Sports HD pack @₹99 + Non stop pack @ ₹1182 for 3 yrs (₹35/month approx). Which is much lower than this new tarrif.
Pls do not compare with old rates!!! I am talking about what can be done under this new system!!

Up to now no one provided their packs today also and our confusion also not cleared . Hope that tomorrow at least one dth provider publish their packs

What will happen to jiotv??? Will it be free as promised??? I am on 1699 1year Jio plan...if free I will throw TS...will use jiotv on TV with broadband...
For IPTV on Trai website and all the broadcaster have posted same DTH like channels pack,so I do not think Jio broadband cum TV set top box tarrif will be any different,may be 3 months TV rental may be free after that one should pay same rental like DTH with Rs154 FTA plan plus pay for selection of channels.Jio TV in mobile is OTT platform that is entirely different and Trai has issued consultation paper so that Trai can make rules for OTT players.

Last edited:
Up to now no one provided their packs today also and our confusion also not cleared . Hope that tomorrow at least one dth provider publish their packs
Nothing new coming tomorrow,I posted the 100 FTA channel pack link from their website on Facebook page of DishTV,D2h and Airtel DTH,no body from Admin. removed channel list link from Facebook page posted by me it means every body will have same Rs130 FTA pack and selection of channels as declared till now immediately,if any changes are coming that may come 2-3 months later when competition intensifies to grab more customers,they may slash Rs 153 pack FTA rate for new customers joining their network

Nothing new coming tomorrow,I posted the 100 FTA channel pack link from their website on Facebook page of DishTV,D2h and Airtel DTH,no body from Admin. removed channel list link from Facebook page posted by me it means every body will have same Rs130 FTA pack and selection of channels as declared till now immediately,if any changes are coming that may come 2-3 months later when competition intensifies to grab more customers,they may slash Rs 153 pack FTA rate for new customers joining their network

Every DPO will offer 100 FTA channels pack and selection of channels will be pretty similar because it is mandatory for DPOs to offer atleast one bouquet of 100 FTA channels which should have atleast 5 channels from each genre.

IMO DPOs will definitely release packs soon.

TRAI must clarify how and why they decided this magic number of ₹130+18% & then left rest of pricing mechanism on Channels ?
This question is more important when we have less than ₹100 plans offered by various DTH service providers ?
We can demand that TRAI should have imposed a limit of amount a DTH or Cable system can charge from subscriber but instead they started with high base rate with ample scope of billing if you are a multilingual viewer .

NCF calculation explaination

As per data available, the Authority noted that the cost of carrying 100 SD channels by a distributor of television channels comes to approximately Rs 80/- per month and cost of other activities like subscriber management, billing, complaint redressal, call center etc comes out to be approximately Rs. 50/- per month.

Accordingly, the Authority has permitted the distributors of television channels to charge a maximum fixed amount of upto Rs 130/- per month, excluding taxes, from its subscribers towards its distribution network cost to carry 100 SD channels.

Why pricing is left to broadcasters ?

Prescribing MRP by the broadcasters to subscribers will in a manner self regulate the pricing of pay channels as higher price will reduce the number of subscribers who will opt for such channels thereby impacting their advertisement revenue.

It will provide flexibility to broadcasters so that they can optimise the price of pay channels in such a way that they can maximize their sum of revenue from subscription and advertisements. This will also give power to broadcasters to reduce the MRP of channels if they so desire to enhance its viewership.

TRAI has fully explained its decisions in their order.You can read the entire order to have indepth knowledge of how they arrived at their decisions.;)

You can read the entire order to have indepth knowledge of how they arrived at their decisions
Many of them will not read bro
Only they blame the decision taker
So this decesion should b removed thinked in court once again
Only they blame central government
They will see conclusions result but
not how they reached the conclusion
So better to go court once again

In future in sports chennel example star show match like this- first match on ss1 and second match ss2 .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock