Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new coming tomorrow,I posted the 100 FTA channel pack link from their website on Facebook page of DishTV,D2h and Airtel DTH,no body from Admin. removed channel list link from Facebook page posted by me it means every body will have same Rs130 FTA pack and selection of channels as declared till now immediately,if any changes are coming that may come 2-3 months later when competition intensifies to grab more customers,they may slash Rs 153 pack FTA rate for new customers joining their network
Tomorrow, Supreme Court hearing on Discounts on bouquets. We shall pray for Supreme court shall strikes down all discounts on bundling and will not allow bundling of channels, then all MRPs of a la carte pay channels will go down immediately!

TRAI has fully explained its decisions in their order.You can read the entire order to have indepth knowledge of how they arrived at their decisions.;)
TRAI is contradicting,
First they calculated ₹130 without tax then made it Maximum
Wonder how operators can reduce price when this is the Cost they have to bear at all cost
And if they have scope to reduce it up to Zero(theoretically) then it's a futile exercise,
There was no demand to cap base price at least from consumers(the only complaint was for high Bouquet/A la carte) prices may be some broadcasters were pursuing TRAI so they can breath in this cut throat game.
TRAI is to safeguard consumers not broadcasters.
& Why people care to go in detail when anyone can watch clearly that they are being robbed not saved.

Last edited:
Tomorrow, Supreme Court hearing on Discounts on bouquets. We shall pray for Supreme court shall strikes down all discounts on bundling and will not allow bundling of channels, then all MRPs of a la carte pay channels will go down immediately!
Is that so? I doubt, though. Bouquet is a way of "Take More and Pay Less" so broadcasters/DTHs would like to offer it so that most people would opt for discounted bouquets (and thereby end up spending more) rather than taking only a few Ala Carte.

As its first hearing only i don't think verdict will be out.

Is that so? I doubt, though. Bouquet is a way of "Take More and Pay Less" so broadcasters/DTHs would like to offer it so that most people would opt for discounted bouquets (and thereby end up spending more) rather than taking only a few Ala Carte.
As boquet have many unnecessary channels they are forcing customers to take it by offering high discounts. It cleary clashes with TRAI main motive to end bundling system.

With 15% cap, many channels prices will be down. Thus, giving customers to choose what he watches only.

130 is the upper limit. Nobody is stopping the DPOs from providing 99 plan like before.
Then why this Kolaveri with common man who never demanded such a high base rate with so many interpretation and complications that even the service providers fail to bring a simple easy to understand plan ?
& Again who asked TRAI to bring ₹130+18% when service providers had much less base price with much more channels ?
If somebody says that Cable operators were manipulating subscriber numbers then the solution is in technology not in this rocket science.
I wonder why so many Free Shopping Channels are imposed between prime channels ? How TRAI closed eyes on this ?

Last edited:
Many of them will not read bro
Only they blame the decision taker
So this decesion should b removed thinked in court once again
Only they blame central government
They will see conclusions result but
not how they reached the conclusion
So better to go court once again
So ur supporting central government (TRAI) this decision ??

Let me explain it could be gud high charging Dth d2h , Tatasky but it's very very disaster for economical Dth like Adtv , sun

I'm getting 90% SD HD channels at couple of hundred may be unofficial but still official also economical compare to TRAI implementation can I get in new TRAI implementation ??

If it's gud then it's gud for all not for some people .. so its not gud may be for gud thought but as usual went as disaster that's the fact as of now

Last edited:
So ur supporting central government (TRAI) this decision ??

Let me explain it could be gud high charging Dth d2h , Tatasky but it's very very disaster for economical Dth like Adtv , sun

I'm getting 90% SD HD channels at couple of hundred may be unofficial but still official also economical compare to TRAI implementation can I get in new TRAI implementation ??

If it's gud then it's gud for all not for some people .. so its not gud may be for gud thought but as usual went as disaster that's the fact as of now
Iam opposing Government for making this sense less rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock